Yeah! Final Payment Made on our first "alone" cruise!

IBRelaxin2

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! :D

I just looked and our final payment was applied by TA this morning and so it's official we're set to go, only 78 more days till we sail the Triumph! We've both sailed twice before but it was as a family as a gift from my mom and shared a cabin with my little sister, so this will be our first "alone" cruise and we got a great rate so it's a Balcony room.

Hooray!

Congrats on your alone trip!!! I have been on 2 cruises with my DD(15) and other family members. This Valentines Day my DH and I are taking our first alone vacation since we got married 15 years ago. (Yes, I know the years don't add up HAha) We are sooooo excited, even my husband is excited, and he doesn't normally like to travel. Have a great time!!! :) :) :)

You will be getting on the Triumph as we are getting off:( Wonderful for you, but sad for me!! I even booked a post cruise night in Miami so we can have one extra day before we come home to the probable snow!!!! We will take good care of her!!!

This will also be our first ALONE vacation without ANYONE else. I am really looking forward to it, but also nervous as we had 38 of us on the COnquest in Feb and it was nice to always have someone to do things with (gamble, drink, excursions, dinner and SO much more). It was a BLAST and am hoping that just the two of us will have the time of our lives. SOmehow I KNOW we will!!:D

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.....

We are also taking our first alone cruise in 112 days from this post:D dd's are 18 and 15 now and we have never had an alone anything in 18 years of marriage(well you know what I mean;) ) I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I also CANT WAIT:p

Congrats on your finial payment. I (we) also just mailed our finial payment 3 days ago and I cannot wait to GO. We are Dec10 -West. Carb. Triumph.

I am so excited I cannot stand it.

Good Sailing:rolleyes:

You'll be on the same sailing as us! :D

Alone sailing is the BEST! ENJOY! :) Dh flat-out refuses to take the kids on cruises with us (that's what Disney World is for, in his opinion) because it's just a great time to hang out with each other and relax.

Darn, you all will be getting off the Triumph the same day we get on! I went over to the roll call board and saw plenty of people for the Dec. 10 cruise, but none for the Dec. 17. Oh well, maybe that means the ship will be empty and I'll actually get a deck chair by the pool...

I'm jealous! Our kids, DD 14, Twin boys 12, will not let us go cruising without them. I guess we will have to wait until they are all in college!

Enjoy your cruise!

Gayle,

Unfortunately our DD is 15 and she single handedly ruined our last vacation, so I told her, that was the last vacation I was paying for. Well she didn't think I would keep my word. When she found out DH and I were crusing alone this time, whewwwwwwww! was it ugly. I guess next time I splurge for a vacation she'll be a little nicer!

So now DH and I are taking the first alone vacation since our honeymoon, 15 years ago!!! :D

Whoo Hoo!

Good for you!

We also made our final payment last week - for our alone cruise! We have taken the boys the last two times.... and although cruising is a perfect family vacation, we decided that we just needed to relax alone this year!

No more watching the clock - waiting for Camp Carnival pick up times! No more 10pm lights out! We can actually do adult things.. instead of family things!

That is until next time... told the boys (and new 8mth baby sister) that we would go back when the baby is 4!

Catrin

Well, how much time do you have??? :(

I can shorten it by saying in less than 1 year we went on 2 cruises and a trip to florida for spring break(took 3 friends along). The trip to florida was the worst. She grumped, griped and whined the entire time. But she was absolutely unhelpful for the entire car ride there and back home. I have a 4 year old son and the older girls were to help entertain him in the car and for an hour or so each afternoon so I could lay by the pool or nap. Just 1 hour per day. That was the deal if I paid for the entire trip for all of us. Well I received exactly 1 hour of time the entire week and while I was in the restroom at Disney World the 3 teen age girls forgot to keep an eye on my son, and they lost him. Now you need to know that I said to all the girls "I am not feeling well (about to throw up) I am going to go to the restroom, please keep an eye on Garrett" They all said ok. When I returned, I found the girls Shopping away and no Garrett in sight. When I started to panic, My DD said "My God mom, it's no big deal" Well I found my son and told my daughter and her friends that was the last vacation I was paying for.

Margie....

I would have done the same thing and upped you one....

I would have hired here a BABYsitter... some 50 year old female ex-USMC Drill Insturctor....

You would come home to a daughter who kisses your feet :P

I can hear it now.... " Come on maggot.... I wanna see my face in the shine on this floor. Bet ya wanna cruise now huh maggot"

LOL

Margie....

I would have done the same thing and upped you one....

I would have hired here a BABYsitter... some 50 year old female ex-USMC Drill Insturctor....

You would come home to a daughter who kisses your feet :P

I can hear it now.... " Come on maggot.... I wanna see my face in the shine on this floor. Bet ya wanna cruise now huh maggot"

LOL

Wow! I sure wish I would of talked to you first! What a great Idea! :D

Maybe I can still look into getting her to come babysit!!!

It has been pretty good talking about this trip to friends and family in front of her. I see her siliently fuming! and ohhhhhh I'm soooo upset! NOT!

And here is the icing on the cake.

Last week I won and all expenses trip to the caribbean from the Hoosier Lottery. Airfare, hotel, transfers, all food, entertainment and all alcohol. Guess who I'm taking? Not my DD. :D

Margie,

Woo hoo! Congrats on the trip! If my DD acted as yours did, I'd probably be in jail for child abuse. (I hope that's not what I have to look forward to, as my DD just turned 14 last week. :rolleyes: ) It's kinda ironic that you were at Walt Disney World.....I grew up in Orlando and we take our kids there every summer. My dad works at MGM and I can assure you that lost kids are treated like royalty at Disney. I could tell you stories about how people actually "lose" their kids so that they can have a good time without worrying about their kids. Anyway, have fun on your next vacation.

Gayle

Thanks Gayle,

For the first time in my life I am actually planning 2 vacations at the same time. Whoo Hoo!!!! :D And better yet I am only paying for one!!!

Maybe I should keep that little secret in mind the next time I go to Disney!! Not really.

My DD started a little earlier, she was about 12, close to 13 when she started knowing everything. :confused: Its all my fault. I have let it go because its easier to let her have her way than it is to stop her. Let me say that its all her mouth. She doesn't get into trouble or physically fight me. She's just rude inconsiderate, sarcastic, hateful, mouthy, ungrateful, and things of that sort.

We're getting ready for our 'alone' cruise as well. Sailing without the kids on a short Paradise cruise in early November. 8 days after our return, we all (kids included) leave for 8 nights on the Spirit. Three cruises a year works out well for us - two with the kids and one without.

Archived