Freeport/Seafood Culinary Experience

kimscruisin

We are thinking about doing this excursion. Has anyone out there done it, and what are you thoughts or suggestions about this excursion? Looking for something different to do in Freeport. There's really not much to offer in this port. We have done jeep adventure and boat/shopping excursion before.

My wife and I did this back in 2012- like you we were looking for something to do. Basically your cooking on hot plates, they had an issue with one or two the day we went and one couple had to share. The instructor was nice and entertaining. We cooked some basic food: peas and rice and I think we fried conch. You end up eating what you cook, so if it's bad it's your own doing. :D. But it's pretty easy.

After eating the instructor lead us down the beach to a hut where a guy showed us how he removed conch for it's shell. After that we had maybe an hour to spend on the beach, which was beautiful, before the bus arrived to take us back. We did buy some drinks, but they were very watered down- sadly kind of normal at those beaches.

Not sure if I'd spend the money to do it again, but we did enjoy it.

Hope you have a great cruise.