Approved Wine Vendors

Cruise Arizona

You know how Celebrity has changed thier language to allow for wine to be sent to the ship from "approved vendors" Is this just Celebrity Vinyards? Any body know what they heck thier talking about? Celebrity Vinyards only has three wines to choose from.

I had thought about bringing some fo the local wines from my town here in Arizona to share with friends, but I don't really even see a way to do this. We have a small cabin, no balcony because the kids will be with us, and we've requested a table for 4 in the dinningroom. I guess we could pour glasses in the room and thing bring them out to a lounge area(kind of tacky), or ask friends to join us for lunch, pay the corkage fee, and then have the waiter the wine to friends at lunch. Also we are flying, so carting a case of wine might not be very practical.

In the past I've frequently brought close to a case of wine. I even bought an extra carry-on sized suitcase, with rollers, and packed the wine in it for the plane. I've done this on other cruise lines and on our first trip with Celebrity. You are free to have the wine in your room, and in fact your room steward will, on request, bring you wine glasses, chilling bucket, etc. He will also take your wine to the dining room for you mid-day so it can be chilled, if necessary, and so your wine steward will serve it to you at dinner - but there is a corkage fee for the dining room. No fee for your in-room use. We've even had stewards make sure wine glasses were kept stocked in our room for us daily, so they were there when we needed them.

More recently we've found that we no longer bring wine on Celebrity, except maybe one very special bottle each cruise. Celebrity's wine list is more extensive than other lines and has several of our favorites on it. I saw a thread with a link to a relatively recent list here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=4715844&postcount=7

so check it out.

We also have discovered the great martini bars on Celebrity and no longer drink quite as much wine as we used to. A highlight of our recent cruises was meeting new people in the Martini bar before dinner instead of enjoying wine in our room.

Hope this helps.

You know how Celebrity has changed thier language to allow for wine to be sent to the ship from "approved vendors" Is this just Celebrity Vinyards? Any body know what they heck thier talking about? Celebrity Vinyards only has three wines to choose from.

I had thought about bringing some fo the local wines from my town here in Arizona to share with friends, but I don't really even see a way to do this. We have a small cabin, no balcony because the kids will be with us, and we've requested a table for 4 in the dinningroom. I guess we could pour glasses in the room and thing bring them out to a lounge area(kind of tacky), or ask friends to join us for lunch, pay the corkage fee, and then have the waiter the wine to friends at lunch. Also we are flying, so carting a case of wine might not be very practical.

Thanks for the link to the wine list, Lsimom and OP Char.

I know we'll be able to find some interesting wines that we like.

I guess I am looking for tips on what would be the best way to share a bottle of wine brought from home with new found friends. Most people outside of Arizona have not had a chance to try our wines. Some friends of mine here in Sonoita, Elgin and Willcox own wineries, and I was thinking it might be fun to bring a few bottles of thier wines along with us to share with friends.

We'll be dining with our kids at dinner, we think at a table for 4, and we don't really have a big enough cabin in which to entertain. Any suggestions on what might be the best way to share some of our local wines with others. I mentioned lunch, but any other ideas???

Archived