8/23 Norwegian Breakaway - Possible Weather Issue

nyfltraveler

A cruise packed indoors with 4500 other people....... Explain how that is enjoyable?

Easy - Cruise supplies the activities and people choose to them or enjoy their cabin to do boom chika wow wow (A cruise ship is the perfect place to do it). Or watch movies in the cabin with your love one(s) is also good too.

That's what I thought too. Until they drove us into the storm and spent 12 hours pitching and yawing before docking at 6pm.

"In advance of Fay, a tropical storm watch was issued on October 10, and upgraded to a tropical storm warning the next day. Additionally, in response to the storm's unexpected strengthening, a hurricane watch was posted at 21:00 UTC on October 11.[10] All public schools on the island were closed for the storm.[10] Bus and ferry services were canceled due to the dangerous conditions,[11] and two cruise liners delayed their arrival into port to avoid the storm"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Fay_(2014)

I was on that cruise too. It seam to just blow up out of nothin.

I sure was happy with our port side hulled balcony UNTIL the captain turn into the wind. The ship leaned so much the water on the balcony came up glass door like 10" Thought I was going to get flooded. The seal did hold.