Carnival Victory - Kid Questions

cdn1276

We are going on the Carnival Victory on 9/28 and we are bringing our 6 year old daughter for her very first cruise. I have just a couple of questions:

1. Does the MDR have kid options?

2. Do they have the Seuss at Sea Breakfast?

3. What do you think of the Kids Club?

Also, we are going to Ocho Rios/Grand Caymans. Can anyone recommend kid friendly excursions (although one of this ports will be spent on the beach, just not sure which one) Daughter wants to do the swim with stringrays, but is she too young?

Any other advice you may have for a young one on her first cruise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

We are going on the Carnival Victory on 9/28 and we are bringing our 6 year old daughter for her very first cruise. I have just a couple of questions:

1. Does the MDR have kid options?

2. Do they have the Seuss at Sea Breakfast?

3. What do you think of the Kids Club?

Also, we are going to Ocho Rios/Grand Caymans. Can anyone recommend kid friendly excursions (although one of this ports will be spent on the beach, just not sure which one) Daughter wants to do the swim with stringrays, but is she too young?

Any other advice you may have for a young one on her first cruise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

Every carnival cruise I have taken my now 5 year old on, has had a kids menu.... Yes they have the Suess at sea program and brunch... I can tell you about the kids program on 9/24... :D

As far as advice... While we always have DS eat dinner with us, we order his food once we sit down and ask them to just bring it when it is ready, that way, when he is done eating, one of us takes him to child care so he isn't forced to sit in the dining room for an hour and a half while the rest of us eat.

Edited by cheewiee

I took that same cruise last year with my 5 and 7 year old girls. It was our 1st cruise. They didn't have Seuss at Sea Brunch last October, but it may have been added since then.

The girls loved the kids club and were always wanting to go. No complaints.

We did a snorkeling, stingray, starfish excursion with http://www.acquarius.ky. They were excellent. 3 staff members on board with about 10 of us on the tour. The girls were scared of the deeper water so they didn't do the snorkeling. I did it while they sat on the edge of the boat watching me.

They loved the stingray and the staff were excellent making sure they were safe and comfortable in the water. They said they don't always get to make it to the starfish site but thankfully were able to on our day. They also take pics and email them to you as part of the package. It was worth every penny I paid and a generous tip.

Much cheaper and personal than the ship's excursions.

They had so much fun that we are going again this October but on the Glory. We are still hoping to get back to Grand Cayman next cruise to do the stingrays again.

We didn't do much in Ocho Rios, didn't feel really safe outside of the port area. We walked about 1/4 mile to the left of the port to a shopping area, had a quick lunch there that we shared, got some cheap t-shirts, took some pics and went back to the ship.

We usually ate dinner together, then to the kids' club for them.

The only thing I wish they did that I've read some other lines do is coming to get the kids about 1/2 hour into dinner. The girls always wanted to eat quick and get to the club because they had things to do (kid party, dancing). I became friends with the lady at the table next to ours and would want to hang around chatting with her over dessert and coffee.

Sometimes I'd make the girls stay with me and a couple of other times I would run them to the club between my courses, but if there's two of you maybe one of you could take her or she may just enjoy spending that time with you.

Edited by btfly745

They added Suess at sea since the dry dock, earlier this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is good to know. We're doing the Glory this year because it's been upgraded as well as having a longer itinerary. I'm already looking at what to book for next year and hoping to get back to Grand Cayman again.

Love the kids program! It's chocked full of activities all day long. Some ports our kids would rather stay and play with their friends vs. shopping so I'll let them. We let the kids eat at camp for dinner every night with their friends (except the first one since camp carnival is closed) and then we go off and have the evening to ourselves. Our last cruise, the kids were 4, 6, 9, and 10. I felt very safe with leaving them with their counsellors, and they had a blast!

Carnival Dream, Fantasy, and Liberty. Next up? The SUNSHINE!!!!

We did a snorkeling, stingray, starfish excursion with http://www.acquarius.ky. They were excellent. 3 staff members on board with about 10 of us on the tour. The girls were scared of the deeper water so they didn't do the snorkeling. I did it while they sat on the edge of the boat watching me.

They loved the stingray and the staff were excellent making sure they were safe and comfortable in the water. They said they don't always get to make it to the starfish site but thankfully were able to on our day. They also take pics and email them to you as part of the package. It was worth every penny I paid and a generous tip.

Much cheaper and personal than the ship's excursions.

Thanks for all the answers so far! Do you book these excursions ahead of time or when you get into port? We found the ones through carnival are quite pricey.

Thanks for all the answers so far! Do you book these excursions ahead of time or when you get into port? We found the ones through carnival are quite pricey.

Definitely book this one ahead of time (I bet they fill up fast), but you don't pay until you get there.

I read that this group will only take about 25 people per trip, so book early. I had actually booked for 5 of us (myself, the 2 little ones and my 2 teens). Well the teens had their own cabin across the hall and frequently stayed out late eating pizza, ice cream and ordering room service.

I couldn't get them up to go on the excursion, so the little ones and I just went without them. The owner didn't seem to care about the changes at all and didn't charge me.

I read a review recently where she said that every time she took her kid to Camp Carnival that they were in a different location. This is very true. Most of the time it's listed in the planner where they will be every couple of hours but it was almost like a scavenger hunt trying to figure out where they would be for each activity.