Chef's Table on the Glory

mikehoho

We signed up for the Chef's Table when we were on the Glory in April. Once on board we received a notice that it was going to be on the night we were in San Juan from 1pm-11pm. We cancelled as we already had dinner plans in San Juan. We were really looking forward to it and were very disappointed that they held it while in port. If it had been any other night we would have gladly attended.

I was told there wasn't enough interest to do a second seating. Maybe if they had hosted it another night when we weren't in port they would have had more interest.

We went to it on the Glory, also on San Juan night. It was not good timing. We were in San Juan from 1-10 but had to be back on board by 5 to get ready. Also on the night the love and marriage show was on, instead of the playlists which repeat during the week. I understand that it is labor intensive, but if they had had a second one, it would have been on a day we left port at 4. On most of our cruises we have left port no later than 6, and I know they have chefs tables. I don't see why they have to cut this port day in half. If we were there from 9am-9pm, whatever, but we barely had time to get off the ship.

But, we did it on Glory, and everything food and service wise was great. Be aware you don't eat in the galley. You are in a conference room off the side of the main dining room.