Planning a cruise..I have questions

twinklen01

American seems to have the lowest prices. Almost grabbed 3 roundtrip flight for $998 but I needed to discuss it with hubby and he fell asleep :/ Prices went back up so I'm hoping I'll find another good deal. How do you get free bags...are you a member or rewards member? Please do tell :) I told hubby and my daughter 1-2 suitcase only and you better believe I will try to stuff my carry on bag-lol! Thanks to Alex, I will book Howard Johnson Hotel if we go. Hopefully they have free shuttle to the port and airport.

I just finished counting my change jar......$29 in coins :) We save all of our coins and recycle bottles and all the money goes into our vacation fund for shopping or extra fun stuff. We have about $308 in our vacation account :)

How crowded will eastern cruise beaches be during March19-26 ? Not sure when everyone's spring break is

3 tickets for $998?! That's really good!! They're always constantly changing, I would check everyday on Kayak, you just gotta be ready to book the moment you find a great deal because they tend to go up VERY quick!! What dates are you looking into?? Are you looking into the Carnival Glory March 19th sailing? :D Hope you book your trip soon! Hopefully the beaches won't be too crowded, but I don't mind, as long as I'm in the beautiful Caribbean! :)

3 tickets for $998?! That's really good!! They're always constantly changing, I would check everyday on Kayak, you just gotta be ready to book the moment you find a great deal because they tend to go up VERY quick!! What dates are you looking into?? Are you looking into the Carnival Glory March 19th sailing? :D Hope you book your trip soon! Hopefully the beaches won't be too crowded, but I don't mind, as long as I'm in the beautiful Caribbean! :)

Alex- yes the Glory. I've been checking several times a day. I told my husband we need to grab a good deal when we see one. Lesson learned-lol!

I will check out kayak too. I need to look at the Glory floor plans. Last trip we ended up under a lounge or something with music. We would hear music until 1am. I don't want to do that again. We like middle of the ship and Rivera or main deck less movement

Alex- yes the Glory. I've been checking several times a day. I told my husband we need to grab a good deal when we see one. Lesson learned-lol!

I will check out kayak too. I need to look at the Glory floor plans. Last trip we ended up under a lounge or something with music. We would hear music until 1am. I don't want to do that again. We like middle of the ship and Rivera or main deck less movement

You will find a great deal soon :) those dang prices are just always changing nonstop!! You just have to be ready that very minute to grab those tickets!! I hope you can come on the same cruise as me, that would be so cool!! Same hotel and same cruise lol! We're staying on the Riviera Deck, we went cheap and just got an inside because we don't even spend time in the room, we'll be too busy enjoying the Caribbean! Who knows maybe we'll be on the same flight! Lol!

We have the AAdvantage Citibank Visa card and get 1 free checked for up to 5 people plus group 1 boarding. There's an annual fee ($75?) but the card more than pays for itself when you fly. $998 is a great deal. I agree about checking regularly on Kayak. My last flight on American to Cabo, the fare was lowest at around 75 days out. Less than $300/person.

As for ports, get a cabana on HMC. Best beach day ever!

You will find a great deal soon :) those dang prices are just always changing nonstop!! You just have to be ready that very minute to grab those tickets!! I hope you can come on the same cruise as me, that would be so cool!! Same hotel and same cruise lol! We're staying on the Riviera Deck, we went cheap and just got an inside because we don't even spend time in the room, we'll be too busy enjoying the Caribbean! Who knows maybe we'll be on the same flight! Lol!

Alex- If all runs smoothly with the airfare, I plan on flying out he day before. I'm shooting for a 6am -7am flight. Flight back hopefully will be 2pm . Those are the times I'm shooting for :)

We always pick lower decks, middle and inside. All we need the cabin for is sleep and showers-lol!

I've been trying to read reviews for the Glory that were on the same ports. Little by little I plan on saving notes on info for the ports, cruise menu, things to do etc. I like to keep myself busy with cruise critic while I wait for my cruise

Alex- If all runs smoothly with the airfare, I plan on flying out he day before. I'm shooting for a 6am -7am flight. Flight back hopefully will be 2pm . Those are the times I'm shooting for :)

We always pick lower decks, middle and inside. All we need the cabin for is sleep and showers-lol!

I've been trying to read reviews for the Glory that were on the same ports. Little by little I plan on saving notes on info for the ports, cruise menu, things to do etc. I like to keep myself busy with cruise critic while I wait for my cruise

Our flight from LAX leaves at 9 am and then to come back home we leave Miami at 2PM, layover in Dallas, and then hop on another flight to LAX and get back home at 7PM.

This is my first Carnival cruise, but I've been a carnival fan for years, I know every ship by heart and their home ports. I'm like the Carnival encyclopedia, LOL! It's just so ironic I know so much and never sailed with them, so I am super excited!

That's what I do! I've been nonstop on the Internet doing my research and spending my time reading reviews and watching videos on YouTube! I have this amazing app called "ShipMate" and it's amazing, you can have a countdown and see all these pictures of the ship and destinations! It's going to be a LONGGG 6 months... Lol!

Hello. I'm planning a cruise for my husband, teen daughter and I. We live on the west cost and would be leaving from Ont. or LAX airport. I've been looking at Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises. Airfare will make this cruise more $$$ :/ trying to keep cost low so interior room will be fine with us.

I just finished reading gamee or gambee's review and loved Half moon Cay pictures he posted. Nice beaches would be nice and beautiful water. We can't afford to travel/cruise every year so we want to be a good cruise.

Questions:

1. Which cruise Western or Eastern? If you've been to both and could only pick one to visit again which would you pick?

without a second thought... Western. The Eastern is nice, but it's the same thing over and over and over.. Beach, snorkel, Beach, shopping... The western has a bit more adventure :)

2. My daughter wont do whale watching or sting ray so any other must do excursions?

I wouldn't whale watch either, if I happened to see one.. While enjoying a frozen umbrella drink while floating in the beautiful Carribbean waters.. Okay cool... But I wouldn't actively go seeking them. Cayman is stingray city, so keep that in mind while you're looking at ports.

With that being said... some fun stuff that comes to mind... Climbing Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios, Cave Tubing in Belize, Zip Lining and Playing with Monkeys in Roatan, Mayan Ruins in Cozumel (I enjoyed it my first time to Cozumel a lot.. and they have a beautiful beach there also), look at Playa Mia in Cozumel also for a beach day, Snorkeling in Belize was amazing, Visiting the Rainforest and beaches in Roatan.

3. West coast travelers...which airline do you travel for Caribbean cruises?

cant help you here.. I'm a Florida Girl.. But since Miami and Ft Lauderdale are a drive for us, when we are cruising from there, we also book a hotel for the night, just in case... We have had luck with good deals at Cambria in Miami. Make certain to research the hotel here on cc, I made that mistake before and on my first cruise I made reservations at a La Quinta that looked nice on the internet... It was in a terrible area..

4. Flying limits what we can take so are there places by the port we can buy waters/sodas. I know it will depend on the ports.

just got off the Sunshine today, and bought an 8 pack of water from room service for around 3.50. I even stopped carrying soda on board. I'm a diet coke freak, and I just get the soda card.. Well worth it for me.

**5. Almost forgot one of the most important question I wanted to ask-lol! If we do the western or Eastern cruise which will be better I will be off Nov. Thanksgiving week Nov.21.-29 and March 19-27 and maybe March 12-20 if I can get it approved but the other dates I'm off for sure.

wouldn't sail Thanksgiving week.. Too busy. I have sailed in March, and it was fine. I'd do March over November, plus less chance of a hurricane.

Its been 3 or more years since my last cruise and both cruises I've been on we were able to drive to port. Flying will be a first for cruising

Y'all will have a blast no matter what! Also look at the Southern Route.. ;) it's a mix of Eastern and Western to me... Gorgeous beaches... and Adventure. Look at the Natural pool jeep excursion in Aruba, Private snorkeling excursions in Curacao, beaches and snorkeling in Grand Turk at the wall (think finding Nemo-the drop off). Love the Southern, but my heart belongs to the Western.. now I just need an 8-10 day Western and I'd be a very happy girl!

If you do choose Eastern, some of the most fun things we have done were, sailing on a sailboat in St Maarten, Love Magans Bay in St. Thomas, and I love all the Private islands...

Edited by Angela61280

Check out the link in my signature line for the review of the Valor. We cruised out of Orlando and went to San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. We did a back-to-back to also went to Half Moon Cay, Freeport and Nassau. The first half of the cruise was amazing! San Juan has a free shuttle that runs all around Old San Juan and takes you past the two forts. Grand Turk has a great beach with free lounge chairs. St. Maarten we missed due to my husband having a fever and a sore throat, but St. Thomas had all kinds of things within walking distance of the ship. I would definitely cruise the Easter Caribbean again in a heartbeat.

Have you checked flights out of Long Beach? Try Jet Blue and see what it has to offer.

I just finished reading your review. I enjoyed it :)

without a second thought... Western. The Eastern is nice, but it's the same thing over and over and over.. Beach, snorkel, Beach, shopping... The western has a bit more adventure :)

I wouldn't whale watch either, if I happened to see one.. While enjoying a frozen umbrella drink while floating in the beautiful Carribbean waters.. Okay cool... But I wouldn't actively go seeking them. Cayman is stingray city, so keep that in mind while you're looking at ports.

With that being said... some fun stuff that comes to mind... Climbing Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios, Cave Tubing in Belize, Zip Lining and Playing with Monkeys in Roatan, Mayan Ruins in Cozumel (I enjoyed it my first time to Cozumel a lot.. and they have a beautiful beach there also), look at Playa Mia in Cozumel also for a beach day, Snorkeling in Belize was amazing, Visiting the Rainforest and beaches in Roatan.

cant help you here.. I'm a Florida Girl.. But since Miami and Ft Lauderdale are a drive for us, when we are cruising from there, we also book a hotel for the night, just in case... We have had luck with good deals at Cambria in Miami. Make certain to research the hotel here on cc, I made that mistake before and on my first cruise I made reservations at a La Quinta that looked nice on the internet... It was in a terrible area..

just got off the Sunshine today, and bought an 8 pack of water from room service for around 3.50. I even stopped carrying soda on board. I'm a diet coke freak, and I just get the soda card.. Well worth it for me.

wouldn't sail Thanksgiving week.. Too busy. I have sailed in March, and it was fine. I'd do March over November, plus less chance of a hurricane.

Its been 3 or more years since my last cruise and both cruises I've been on we were able to drive to port. Flying will be a first for cruising

Y'all will have a blast no matter what! Also look at the Southern Route.. ;) it's a mix of Eastern and Western to me... Gorgeous beaches... and Adventure. Look at the Natural pool jeep excursion in Aruba, Private snorkeling excursions in Curacao, beaches and snorkeling in Grand Turk at the wall (think finding Nemo-the drop off). Love the Southern, but my heart belongs to the Western.. now I just need an 8-10 day Western and I'd be a very happy girl!

If you do choose Eastern, some of the most fun things we have done were, sailing on a sailboat in St Maarten, Love Magans Bay in St. Thomas, and I love all the Private islands...

Thank you for all the indo :)

Does anyone know where I can find a printable deck plans for the Glory? I tried looking on carnival but it looks really small. I'm looking for black n white full page for each deck. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I counted my change jar money so I could deposit it in the bank today but didn't make it in time. Bank closes at 2pm. Well I have $55 to deposit in my vacation fund for the cruise. All the vacation money is our fun money for sail n sign card and spending money in port.

I'm still waiting for a good deal on airfare and researching the ports. I hope I'm on the Glory in March :)

Question: Some of you that have done the Glory Eastern Cruise fly into

Ft. Lauderdale then get a shuttle, taxi or car service to Miami. Is it easy to do, a long ride or expensive?