How full is my ship?

Boitexan

Is there a way to tell how many unsold cabins remain on a ship? On airline websites you can find a flight you'd like to take and click on the diagram of the plane and see which seats remain unsold. Can this same kind of thing be done with regard to cabins cruise ships? It seems as if having this information could help when trying to obtain an upgrade.

I usually just go and try and book the same cruise. When it gets to the point where it's time to choose a cabin, I look at each available category. Most websites will only show 6 or 7 available cabins in each category. So if it is showing less than 6 I know that category is almost sold out.

When I booked through my travel agent, she said that she can give me a great rate because they buy in "bulk". Wouldn't those cabins be considered "not available" by the websites, even though the rooms are not yet booked because they are blocked out for the big travel agencies? :confused:

Clem

I usually just go and try and book the same cruise. When it gets to the point where it's time to choose a cabin, I look at each available category. Most websites will only show 6 or 7 available cabins in each category. So if it is showing less than 6 I know that category is almost sold out.

I do the same thing. Keeps me in *excited* mode for the cruise. :)

Laura

Clementyne is correct. Travel agencies can hold blocks of rooms for their own sale and they show up as not available on a cruiseline's website. We are planning a group cruise and each time we add a cabin, he tells me he still has some on hold for us, but will have to release them well before final payment is due. So maybe within 2 weeks before your sail date, you might be able to check on the cruiseline website and see what's available.

Archived