Anyone done this excursion (shore snorkle experience)

we3k9

here is a description from the carnival site :

Enjoy a fantastic snorkel experience suitable for both beginners and experts alike.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a short walk from the cruise ship pier to the Shipwreck Dive Center.
  • Learn, from the knowledgeable staff, the various coral formations and varieties of marine life that you may spot in the water.
  • Snorkel the unique Cali shipwreck, a beautiful site just in front of the dive center.
  • Enjoy the beautiful beach, beach chairs, fresh water showers, swimming pool and restaurant.

Note: For guests wishing to stay and enjoy the facilities afterwards, there is a brewery and restaurant adjacent.

You will have to climb down a ladder from the dive center's pier to enter the water.

I HAVE QUESTIONS, WHERE IS THIS LOCATED ON 7 MILE BEACH? IS THERE SHADE? WHAT IS THE POOL LIKE, WHAT RESORT PROPERTY IS THIS? NAME OF RESTAURANT, ETC. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT , THANKS IN ADVANCE :confused:

The Cali is just north of the dock. I assume there's also a "Shipwreck Dive Center". I'm not sure what the tour includes - perhaps rental of gear? You can easily do this on your own. If it's a dive center, that means they have gear to rent, probably for about $10 or so. You have to walk and there's a restaurant available - so why pay Carnival extra money for something you can do yourself?

There are lots of resources that show where snorkel sites are in GC. Print one out and make your plans.

And have fun!!

I was interested because of the pool, beach chairs, showers, all of which im sure cost money on grand cayman. and we have our own snorkel gear anyway. but I thought I would find out more about this because of all the other stuff included and the price was cheap enough, even listed with the ship, it was like $32. where can you get a day pass to use a pool and facilities with a beach chair for that price.

Archived