Why are the ship's hours in San Juan so add?

loveandcruises

Why is it that ship itineraries in San Juan are either 7 to 1 or 4 to 11, but never 8 to 4 like in other ports?

Distance between ports is probably why. To get to one port from another takes a certain amount of time so they need X number of hours to get there or from there to somewhere else. Just my thought.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well on Royal's Independence of the Seas one year we were there from 7am-2pm and this year we are there from 4pm -11pm. The early morning one was in April and it got very hot walking from the pier to the fort. The one next week is in September so it shouldn't be as hot but the times suck as my friend wants to tour both forts and there isn't time. He asked me why the times were like that and I had no idea the reasoning behind it.

2pm to 9pm for our upcoming Navigator, which I thought was weird but didn't realize that it was a general San Juan problem. I want to do a rainforest hike but feel like I need to do it through RCI because of the weird timing, plus I don't even know if we will be hiking in the dark!