Curraco Underwater Marine Park

capt06

Is this the SeaAquarium? If so we dove there and fed sharks and rays and turtles. Different kind of dive and we had a good time. :) The park itself was nice and could have spent more time there but we booked through the ship. It was a real short drive from the pier and you can get a taxi. This was back in 1996. The port looks real industrial and kind of a turn off with the oil and the slick water but you do get away from that when you go to where they dive. Lovely little town and very friendly people. Love to go back! :) Debbie

Capt.06-

If you are looking for the Curacao Sea Aquarium, the website is http://www.curacao-sea-aquarium.com/

Most of the things I have read say that taxis are 12-18$ from the cruise ship dock to the Aquarium, and the Aquarium website is unclear on whether a divemaster is required to dive their reef or not.

I just booked DH and I this weekend for a one-tank reef dive and the animal feeding dive through Suzy at The Dive Bus for next March (Empress 3/27/06 sailing). The price was around $75, but I don't remember exactly.

According to Suzy, The Dive Bus will pick us up at the ship, take us over to the aquarium, take us out on the aquarium reef for a one-tanker (divemaster supplied), then the animal feeding dive, and take us back to the ship when we're all finished. It just doesn't get any better than that! Check them out at http://www.the-dive-bus.com/

Of course, they do dive all around the island as well. I think first group booked gets to choose the dives for the day. I just thought it would be neat to feed the sharks, & I thought the bus idea was really cool. If you want a boat dive, there are numerous recommendations on this board and the port board.

Have a great time wherever you get wet!

Wendy

Archived