Dream 2310

Igerster

My wife and I are booked on the Dream in cabin 2310. It is a cove balcony. First time in a cove and I am looking forward to it. Has anyone stayed in this room that can answer a couple question?

Is there a view of the sky or is blocked by the lifeboats? I know most of the cove balconies are blocked but in pictures it looks like there are some where there is a gap and allows for a view of the sky.

According to the deck plan it appears the room is directly under the dining room. What should we expect with that? Will there be a lot of noise? Will there be a food smell? I think the food smell would bother my wife more than the noise.

Thank you in advance for your answers. Happy cruising.

We have been under the dining room in a cove balcony. No food smell and no noise. Any noise you may hear would be over at the end of dinner, and even then with the carpet in the dining room you won't hear much. As far as the life boat, it looks like your room will be close to a small gap, I'm not sure if you could see straight up or not, we always had a lifeboat, but that is ok for the shade during the day.

In Dream 2310, you may have lifeboats above you and you are under the MDR but not under the galley, where others have reported lots of noise from the kitchen crew above late at night. From the mid-ship elevators to the aft elevators, cabins are under the galley, but you are 6 cabins away from that. Your cabin has a connecting door to the next cabin, so if you do have any noise, it might come from your neighbors just forward of your cabin. Except for that, the cabin itself is no different than any other.

We love the coves, having been in 2260 twice on Carnival Magic. The lifeboats above were not a problem to us. We particularly liked having a 45 sq ft balcony at that level as opposed to a 35 sq ft standard balcony above the lanai where you don't look down directly at the water. Also, if they dock on your side of the ship, you have a great view of all the pier action.

Here's hoping you have a great cove and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

I had a cove, and didn't even notice the lifeboats overhead. I was always looking down to the water, which can only be done from coves on this ship, or out to sea. For me, the sky wasn't the attraction. We were also below the dining room, the most perfect spot on any ship. No noise issues at all, especially during the overnights. No food smells get through either.

we were in a Dream cove 2358 earlier this month. you cant look directly up at the sky, because of the lifeboats, even with being between them. its not a big gap between them and there's the arm thats holding the lifeboats in that gap.

but, you still have amazing views! Took these from our cove (sorry those last 2 are sideways)

DSCN0607.jpg.9b7cae8e9b2f6d468d69b16f37739607.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg.1e2ae7f8df12edc1704c04c2eb99f641.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg.2ebb723ed02d42790a867003bf360c8d.jpg

Edited by KLD1019