pictures of pull down bed in Balcony??

jennew

We are planning to have our 6 year old sleep in our balcony room on the Star. We have cruised the Grand (sans kids) and are pretty sure of how the room will be set up. I am trying to figure out how the pull down works. I would appreciate a picture if anyone has one.

Does the bunk run in the same direction as the lower beds? We are planning to have our beds converted to a queen (we know that this can affect the ladder but our little guy is small enough to lift him up there).

I would love to hear from anyone who has used one of these pull down beds. THANKS

We had a mini-suite on the Grand last Christmas. Our then 12 yr old slept on the pull out couch. After a couple days, we finally figured out that above the couch, hidden in the ceiling, was a bed. It looks like you have to have a key or something like that in order to engage the bed.

We are sailing on the Golden in January and have a minisuite again. We may ask to have the bed dropped since the couch mattress isn't all that comfortable.

The drop down bed has to be activated with a key and does face the same way as the lower beds. We had the lower beds converted to a Queen, which eliminated the ladder possibility, but our daughter just climbed on our bed and up to hers....BIG CAUTION THOUGH - ONE DAY WHEN SHE SAT UP AND JUMPED DOWN ONTO OUR BED, HER HAIR GOT CAUGHT ON THE FIRE SPRINKLER ON THE CEILING AND PULLED OUT A WAD....WE HADN'T EVEN NOTICED IT UNTIL THEN....SO CAREFULL!!! :mad:

I do have a picture of the pull down bed but having problem accessing it so I can size it down (we just got a new computer and I can't find the floppy with the smaller one on it). I'll try to see if I can find it or a link to it elsewhere on this site.

BTW, you probably will have trouble pushing the lower beds together.

We were on the Diamond princess and my six year old son used the upper bed. Here is a link to some pictures from that trip. Anyway, we were told the whole time that we would have to have our beds set up as twin beds since we had the upper bed down and they had to have the ladder down for fire reasons I believe. However, when we arrived we were pleased to see that they set us up as a queen. We hid the ladder under our bed and my son loved climbing up into the bed. My husband would joke with my son that we rolled him up in the ceiling when he slept. My son was to smart for that one.

http://community.webshots.com/user/loricrosby

We were on the Diamond princess and my six year old son used the upper bed. Here is a link to some pictures from that trip. Anyway, we were told the whole time that we would have to have our beds set up as twin beds since we had the upper bed down and they had to have the ladder down for fire reasons I believe. However, when we arrived we were pleased to see that they set us up as a queen. We hid the ladder under our bed and my son loved climbing up into the bed. My husband would joke with my son that we rolled him up in the ceiling when he slept. My son was to smart for that one.

http://community.webshots.com/user/loricrosby

Awesome pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them. Your son was beaming...how cute.

We're bringing our son on his first cruise in 3 weeks on the Sapphire (MR itinerary). He's jumping out of his skin with excitement.

I was glad to hear about the bed configuration. Definitely wasn't looking forward to sleeping in a single. Thanks again!

Archived