Dream room 6484 ?

bklsmom

We are booked on the Dream for April 2016, and have room 6484. This is different L shaped balcony cabin, that does not have the couch, but the balcony is twice as long as standard balcony. Does anyone know if the cabin feels small? DH loves the idea of a double length balcony, but does it have the loungers or just the standard 2 chairs, like the regular balcony. I also like the idea that the bed faces the window and balcony door so we can lay in bed and look out to the ocean. I was curious as to how small the cabin may feel. I like that this was just an 8A category cabin, and not extended balcony pricing. Also, looks like a club or lounge is below us....hope we don't regret that!

We just got an upgrade email yesterday and I called about it. We moved from deck 6 to the Lido deck for $40 on the Dream. I was told that all the rooms are the same size on the ship, but some balconies may be larger. This is obviously different for a suite. I wouldn't book a room without having rooms above and below us. We once had a room over a theater and all I heard was the bass from the music.

Edited by Mikes145
added info

We have booked this cabin for a spring break cruise! We were in the same large balcony, end cabin above the lounge on the Splendor last spring break. It was my favorite cabin ever! The cabin felt larger to me because it was wider. There would be room for a sofa, but it would block the view of one of the two picture windows. Yes, the bed faces the water. We slept with the drapes open when we wouldn't wake up in port. I also liked the extra space behind the door and the fact that the bathroom is not the first thing you see when you walk in. We had a lounger and two chairs on the balcony. We never heard the lounge, but did attend most of the comedy shows. The cabin was very quiet because it was at the very end of the hall, and no one really came back there unless they had a cabin back there.

We have booked this cabin for a spring break cruise! We were in the same large balcony, end cabin above the lounge on the Splendor last spring break. It was my favorite cabin ever! The cabin felt larger to me because it was wider. There would be room for a sofa, but it would block the view of one of the two picture windows. Yes, the bed faces the water. We slept with the drapes open when we wouldn't wake up in port. I also liked the extra space behind the door and the fact that the bathroom is not the first thing you see when you walk in. We had a lounger and two chairs on the balcony. We never heard the lounge, but did attend most of the comedy shows. The cabin was very quiet because it was at the very end of the hall, and no one really came back there unless they had a cabin back there.

Thank you so much for the review of this cabin. I'm excited that we jumped on this large balcony cabin room now. I don't think I'll miss the couch because we really never sat on it....we sit on the balcony, and having that double the length, especially at the price of an 8A balcony is awesome.

• 7 years later...

Thank you so much for the insight!  We just booked this room for next spring break and the next door balcony room so we hope to open the divider between the balconies!  I am curious however, what those stairs or closets are in the outside of this room that make it the L shape? 

E6C4FC81-1F33-4355-89A5-C240C90F5B0D.jpeg