Amsterdam

SeaSickGill

Hi, I'm thinking of going on the 4 day cruise to Amsterdam and Bruges in December. I've never been to Amsterdam as a port. How far does the ship dock from the city or is it actually Rotterdam with a transfer. Any help is much appreciated.X

Hi SeasickGill

I am umming and ahhing over whether to book this cruise as well. I spoke to the travel agent this morning about Amsterdam - he said that it is a 10 minute walk into the centre from where the ship docks - he said that there wouldn't be any Christmas markets on in Amsterdam at that time but that all the Christmas lights would be up - Bruges Christmas markets would be on also. I am thinking of booking today but am not sure whether to wait a few days to see if a saver fare is introduced :-)

Thanks for your responses. There will be a couple of markets on in Amsterdam but it won't be 'in full swing' so to speak. The Ventura goes to week after and you can have a balcony for £299! We couldn't make that as we had our holidays approved at work (should've been going to Budapest!) thinking of going to the Brussels market instead as we've been to Bruges twice this year. It'll be fun whatever we do c

• 3 weeks later...