Mr. Sanchos OR Explor/Xcaret?

ylojerseygirl

I was pretty excited about Mr. Sanchos AI, but given that the other three ports are going to be beach/snorkel I took a look at NCL's trips to Xplor and Xcaret. Anyone been to these? I realize it will be a bit more travel, but if booking through the ship we don't have to worry about being left behind right?

We are 4 adults in our early 30s going in January with 6 ships port that day. So which would you suggest? How is the food at the X parks? Thanks in advance!

Been to Xcaret.. Lovely place but didn't feel like we had enough time to really enjoy the park. It was many years ago but very crowed and most of the signs were in Spanish so it was a little

Confusing finding your way around, may be different these days.

We've been to Xcaret twice, once when staying at a resort and in April 2014 while on a cruise.

Our ship had a lot of port time, so we were able to see a good but, you don't get to see the night show which is awesome.

I wouldn't plan to do any of the extra pay things (like dolphins). And know that you won't see it all.

It's a long day with travel.

How long are you in port? We were in Cozumel from 10-7.

• 1 month later...

As you have to get over to the mainland, you might be pressed for time to do Xplor or Xcaret as they are both pretty full days to see everything. Xel Ha would be a better option as it is a little smaller than Xcaret but still absolutely beautiful! The snorkeling there is awesome and the food is great. If that's an option through your cruiseline, I'd go for that. Mr. Sanchos is great but definitely gets super busy if there are a lot of boats in that day. Hubby and I did the private cabana option there though and it was really nice.