Ensenada Taxi with children to Estero Beach resort Honest Advice, Please

cruiselovinmomof3

We will be on Carnival Imagination and getting off in Ensenada with our 3 kids -preteen and teens. This is their first cruise and first time out of the country. I am a little nervous as we have not had time to get their passports. My husband and I have been to Ensenada before. We do want them to experience the city for what it is. I know they will enjoy the shopping and the food! We are also beach and pool/water, sun lovers....we know Ensenada is not known for its beaches. That being said.....I have looked into reviews about Estero Beach resort. It looks nice and most reviews are positive, but the excursion is pricey. I do understand that others have simply taken a taxi there and paid a day use fee. This appeals to us but not sure what taxi is safe to get, can we be pretty sure that we can get back at a time of our choosing with the taxi? We would like to have some time to do our own excursion, in town, shopping and eating and then of course get back on the ship on time! Any good details about which taxi to catch, approx price for each for a ride to Estero Beach resort, your experience with that resort, is the taxi ride safe? Never taken a taxi in Mexico before! I am just a concerned mom and welcome any honest and kind advice! Thanks in advance :)

Been going to Estero Beach for years and years. My kids just got back yesterday. Great place to hang on the beach. As for taxi, just get the price upfront and don't give them any money until you get off. No tipping for Taxi's in Mexico. Have fun.

Since it is your first cruise, I would highly recommend the Ships excursion just for peace of mind.

Been going to Estero Beach for years and years. My kids just got back yesterday. Great place to hang on the beach. As for taxi, just get the price upfront and don't give them any money until you get off. No tipping for Taxi's in Mexico. Have fun.

Since it is your first cruise, I would highly recommend the Ships excursion just for peace of mind.

Thank you! Glad to hear some kind advice.