RCCL Express Departure

doconnor4

I am interested in using Express Departure from the Navigator in Port Everglades. We have an 11:00am flight.

1st question- How do you sign up for this-on the ship or online before the cruise?

2nd- I have read that suitcases have to be small enough to fit through an xray if we do this. True?

3rd- Are there always taxis lined up early at the port so we don't have to pre-arrange for transportation to the airport.

I am interested in using Express Departure from the Navigator in Port Everglades. We have an 11:00am flight.

1st question- How do you sign up for this-on the ship or online before the cruise?

2nd- I have read that suitcases have to be small enough to fit through an xray if we do this. True?

3rd- Are there always taxis lined up early at the port so we don't have to pre-arrange for transportation to the airport.

Unless things have changed recently:

1 - You will get a questionnaire a couple days into the cruise that asks your departure info. You can check the box requesting Express Departure.

2 - No. You just need to be able to carry everything off the ship yourself. The X-ray requirement is for when they put carry ons thru the machine when you board.

3 - Taxis are readily available.

It's very easy. As the others said, just don't put anything outside your room the night before and be sure you can carry all your luggage. There is no size limit other than what you can carry yourself. We use this every cruise. It gets pretty crowded and sometimes the line gets a little confusing, but we've always been off our ships by 8:30.