Question for Shipcafe about cruise to NewEngland & Canada

Mailgirl

Hey Shipcafe,

I noticed you will be on the Triumph on 10/01 going to New England and Canada. Are you doing any of the excursions? I booked the same trip but for 09/30/2006.

I'd be interested to know your review when you get back. I have been looking at some of the reviews for this trip and they have been mixed. I like to accumulate as much information as I can so that I have an idea of what to expect.

Any information will be appreciated, Thank You

I just returned from the Triumph on the Canada/New England itinerary.

The ship was fine, and we had a good time, but you should be warned that the majority of passengers are not young by any means. I belive that the median age was about 70.

There were many walkers, wheel chairs and motorized carts.

The bartenders said that this was a very difficult cruise for them because "most of the passengers are too old to drink"

None of this is Carnival's fault, it's just the way it is.

FYI...we sailed from 9/17 to 9/24 and we saw no Fall foliage, not even in Nova Scotia. I don't know if this is the norm or not, but we were a little dissapointed.

If you have any specifc questions, feel free to ask.

Maureen

Hi Joanskid, I went on the same cruise but the 9/10 - 9/17. It wasn't bad, but I was surprised at the age of the majority of people. I expected a younger crowd and they were a lot of wheel chairs and disabled seniors around. I thought Celebrity had the older crowd.

By the way, did you happen to catch the band Music Boardwalk in the Venezia Lounge? I hope you did.. Weren't they great? I was there every night and a great time. They sounded just like the original groups. I'm trying to track them down again so that I know what cruise ship they will be on next. I'm ready to go again; haven't gotten off the boat yet.

Let me know what you thought about them.:)

I just returned from the Triumph on the Canada/New England itinerary.

The ship was fine, and we had a good time, but you should be warned that the majority of passengers are not young by any means. I belive that the median age was about 70.

There were many walkers, wheel chairs and motorized carts.

The bartenders said that this was a very difficult cruise for them because "most of the passengers are too old to drink"

None of this is Carnival's fault, it's just the way it is.

FYI...we sailed from 9/17 to 9/24 and we saw no Fall foliage, not even in Nova Scotia. I don't know if this is the norm or not, but we were a little dissapointed.

If you have any specifc questions, feel free to ask.

Maureen

Thanks for the info, the age thing may not be too for me. I'm taking my mom for her 75th birthday. Who knows maybe she wll meet people her own age.

Archived