Help with cabin choice on GEM

meh56

We are looking to book a mini suite (MB) on the Gem...I am looking at cabin 11106 and see it is located under the garden café...I am confused between the garden café and the great outdoors, are they both buffets? Also in some photos it looks like the garden café is carpeted so that would keep the noise down...As this is a mini suite I would assume it would not be noisy can anyone who has stayed in that area advise me...thank you

This cabin will have a bathtub. I prefer a stall shower.

I always choose a cabin with a cabin above it, and a cabin below it.

The Garden Café is used until late at night. Then, they probably vacuum it. The Great Outdoors is in the very back of the ship. It's an outdoor area where people sit, eat, or read. It has tables & chairs. It has a small buffet and bar. People can bring their food to the Great Outdoors from the Garden Café where the selection is bigger.

You aren't getting "suite benefits" by booking a mini-suite. The cabin is larger than a Balcony cabin.

I have written about mini-suites on Jewel class ships for example here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47513902&postcount=2

Also be advised that the cabin you are thinking about is under the overhang that limits the sunlight to the balcony (I've stayed in 11100 on Pearl), otherwise the location was quite fine - but I still think that MB cabins mentioned in above linked post are better choices.

Edited by Demonyte

twinmommy37 - I am so happy to have someone who stayed in that cabin...we are traveling with other family members and we have 11106 & 11108...they are very worried about noise from the Garden Café...Please tell me there is no noise!!! Any other information you would like to share would be appreciated...we have only sailed one other time on the NCL Epic in Europe so I don't have much experience with NCL ....we have the beverage package included...How was the dining experience? Sounds like you had your hands full with twins...Thanks for responding

It was wonderful!! I am still in shock that we are staying in the same room lol. My kids slept through the night and so did I. My husband and I couldn't have been happier. It was a great location!! You walk down one flight to room from pool and that was great! I did a soda package and happy I did , because I drank allot of diet cokes lol. I loved the food, but then again I am not picky. The hibachi was wonderful and maybe you can try that one night? The steak house ( 13 floor ) Amazing!!! This was a speciality , but we had a package for this. Overall I give it an A ++. I hope you love it just as much as us.

One suggestion the bathtub is slippery. My son hurt himself and slipped. Request the rubber Matt from housekeeping. Just say that your friend cruised and son got hurt. That they were given this k:)) have an amazing trip!!! Let me know how it goes ok