Live from Serenade Vancouver to Hawaii

bdoster

Good morning...we are rocking & rolling..... since about 2AM

We started out on a shakey note on Saturday....our plaane flight had to be changed because of Rita & our connection flight was in Houston...valuable lesson learned. GET A BOARDING PASS from the airline you change from. I did not have the correct e-ticket number from Continental and caused 2 hours of serious heartburn...thought we were not going to beable to get onboard without purchasing a second ticket.

Here is apix of our room 9658 AFT

AFT9658_092505_sm.jpg.83604ca89b521f843e75d7f45c9bbdc7.jpg

Boarding was standard...we arrived around 11AM...they were already processing ....we gave luggage to porter, walked to the line, through security, up to the counter....handed our Sign & Sail...a swipe of the card & we were off to wait for customs

Serenade_092505_sm.jpg.c3c796fa820999d86ffe99b1f4feb6d2.jpg

Customs was a breeze, looked at passports...off ya go....there was a line for the cruise card photos...

We boarded, Danny parked & I went & obtained the network connection for the room & made reservations for Chops.

We did the muster drill...quite quickly I might add, then up to Crown Viking to have an unofficial M&M at Sail-A-Way. Had a great response, met lots of folks I had been chatting with which was great....enjoyed great company as we sailed under Lions Gate Bridge to begin our Voyage!

Sailaway6_092505_sm.jpg.5ac60ba09ab54fae5ba440c00cf3b4dd.jpg

We are at second seating dinner...tonights menu:

App.

Melon plate

Vidalia Onion Tart*

Salad

Baby Spinach*

Entree

Herb encrusted cod*

Salmon

Prim rib & mashed optatoes

Bread

Oat rolls

Sourdough*

Hearty grain

Dessert

Apple pie a-la-mode

Suvarin*

* is what I ate

And lastly our position at sea....tomorrow earning those shipshape dollars!

Location1a_092505_sm.jpg.0986e813741439541fa27970f94c7c87.jpg

Hi Barb.......Thank you for taking the time to post live from The Serenade..Mike and I will be sailing on the return leg October 6......This is such a treat for us !!!

Have you met The Travelgodess........Please say hello to Karen for us at The Meet & Mingle.....They are doing a B2B.....

I hope the seas have calmed down so you will be able to enjoy your sea days...We have 5 in a row on the return...This will be the most we have ever had in a row.

Have they offered any extra activities or classes for your sea days ????

Thanks again and will be looking foward to seeing more of your pictures..

Debbie

Thanks for the post. You are on our FAVORITE ship!!! We did the Ensenada to Hawaii in May, Alaska in June and we are going to be on the Serenade for Christmas. We love the ship and the crew. If you would happen to have Errol from Honduras or Albert from Hungry for waiters tell them Karen and Lindsay said hi. (Lindsay is the one they REALLY remember...my DD ) I think we know most of the waiters and head waiters after 5 cruises (2 last year also) on her. :D Please keep telling us more!!! I am sooooo jealous! At least we can 'live' the cruise through you. ENJOY!!

Sweet Sea, Yes I have met Karen....she is delightful as well a s Pete, I know yalll wil have a great cruise!

Nerak...I will enjoy especially for you as well!

Hey Klingon....I promise flourless chocolate cake, Lime Sherbert for Lizalex...has the escargot last night....yum yum!

Yesterday was full of Dance lesions...disco, salsa & hula....love the hula!

The art found on the stairs had a little extra yesterday, barf bags....twas rolling. Today is much calmer

ArtnBarf_092605_sm.jpg.6f8d9c5a09c59f6387b4c84a10b9403d.jpg

Monday

Up to the deck for Morning Mile to earn SS dollars

Classes today: Disco Dance, Salsa Dance & Hula Dance, a Hula Talent show will be held on Friday!

Captain’s welcome party, champagne and canapés

Formal Night Menu

App

Escargot*

Shrimp Cocktail

Soup

Lobster Bisque

Salad

Caesar*

Entrees:

Château Briande*

Grilled Chicken Breast

Dessert

Grand Marnier Soufflé*

Strawberry Cheesecake

Cherries Jubilee

Here is a look down on the Windjammer from deck 12...love the aft dinning area!

Windjam_092605_sm.jpg.cf3c46fb01a2e0a9c0aa5adbbb10c8b2.jpg

Hi Barb...Dance lessons ...Sound goods ....Of course that would mean having to get Mike A little tissspy.....:D ...He is not a big dancer.

We are early birds also we do the walk for $$$ in the morning...Are they doing one in the afternoon also ?....Sometime they run 2 walks for $$$ on the sea days.

I would have needed to do both walks because I would have had all 3 desserts last night ........

If you see Karen tell her I am all packed and sooooo ready to go....

Thanks again... Debbie

We just got off from Alaska when you got on...we originally planned to do both but I couldn't have the same cabin for both so decided to forget it.. on the bright side we leave on Sunday for Adventure of the Seas to the caribbean....

If you're bar people tell Rudy and Steve at the Schooner that Pam and John from NJ say HI...

Enjoy the trip....we're doing Hawaii (first time) next year so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cruise....

A great day at sea yesterday…swimming in the solarium….I learned to Cha Cha Cha….and continue practicing the Hula…LOL Friday we will be an act at the Talent Contest!

Here is a shot of the Centrum from the top!

Centrum1_092705_sm.jpg.e46ef49ee4c2c8a15cd609feb78e73e3.jpg

Dinner at Chops…

App:

Shrimp Cocktail

Maryland Crab cakes*

Soup

Cheese Onion

Clam Chowder

Salad

Classic Caesar

Tomato, Blue Cheese & Onion Stack*

Entrees:

New York Strip

Veal Cchop

Filet Mignon*

Lamb Chop

Chicken

Salmon

Veg

Creamed Spinach*

Potatoes

Steamed Asparigus

Dessert

Apple Pie A La Mode

Cheese Cake

Lava Flow Chocolate Cake*

Our M&M was tonight as well...What a great crowd! Everyone received a note pad/sail pass card holder that hangs around your neck, then door prizes were given….back pack, travel mug, photo album, shipshape towel, hat, and the coveted mouse! A snapshot the anniversaries in September was taken!

MnM_Aniv_092705_sm.jpg.395ac00faa272edfc5127019371c07d8.jpg

Quest was last night as well…WOW…. Kirk Detweiler MC’d the event…he is by far the best Cruise Director I have seen!

We are half way there...Sweet Sea I told Travelgoddess you posted...I wiull tell her you are packed & ready to go!

Location__092705_sm.jpg.83674e30febb880eb9c7f122144eea64.jpg

More dancing lesions...Country Line...Latin Jive...and Hula practice...this after noon caught the whole show of the Spirit of Polynesia...very nice! These are 3 xs dilay on the pool deck...be sure to see one Sweet Sea!

Hula8_092805_sm.jpg.999058b5cf3e56624a7b663c0553e6bd.jpg

Hi Barb.......Thanks for the tips on all the activities being offered during the sea days ....The Spririt of Polynesia Dancers are a must see......Hopefully Marisa and I will be seeing each other twice a day.....I am going to do my best not to gain any weight on this cruise... 5 sea days and self serve ice cream :p :p

Good luck Friday with the Talent Contest.....Mike & I are leaving tonight for the airport. We are pre-cruising this trip.......Thanks ..........................Debbie

Quiet evening....waited for dinner in the centrum listening to violin & Hawaiin music

Dinner:

App:

Salmon & Cheddar bake*

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Soup

Halibut Chowder*

Salad

Juneau iceberg*

Entrees:

Halibut with shrimp sauce*

Veal Parmesan

Dessert

Blue Mountain Cream Brulee

White Truffle Cake*

Cherries Romanoff

Evening entertainment : Love & Marriage

Sunset1_092805_sm.JPG.f3857e64118bce387e4a167c183ab2e5.JPG

I'm really enjoying your updates since my in-laws are on the Radiance of the Seas, which left Vancouver for Hawaii one day before the Serenade. There is no "live from the ship" thread for that sailing, though!

Unfortunately, they reported that their helicopter tour with Safari Tours was CANCELLED today due to weather! :-(

Archived