Help needed for Car/Jeep rentals

BlueSkySailing

I was hoping someone first hand can tell me about renting a car or jeep in St. Thomas. There is a place by the port called Biz Rentals. Seems to have good reviews. But was just wondering if anyone else had any helpful tips or companies to look at. Any hidden fees or tricks they like to pull on you. Thanks for your help and Happy Cruising!!!!!!

A couple of cautions from a former St Thomas resident.

You will be driving on the left with a left hand drive car, driver's shoulder against the road edge instead of the centerline. Roads are generally narrow, steep or curvy or some combination of the three. The driver will see very little while driving.

Where are you intending to go? Parking is at a premium some places, so if you want to shop or see any of the attractions in Charlotte Amalie, get there another way. If you just want to go to one of the beaches on west or north sides, renting a car is fine. it would be cheaper than other options that don't involve a walk.

If you have a group & want to save on taxi fares, consider making arrangements with one of the drivers for a tour.

There are 2 ports in St Thomas. Biz rentals is at Havensight, not Crown Bay

Edited by HarpHarp

Very good info. There are 3 of us. One is our mom that's in her 70's. Looking at touring the Island for places like 99 steps, BlackBreaded Castle, Drake's Seat and Mountain Top. We are on RCCL Freedom of the Seas coming into Charlotte Amalie which I believe is Havensight. Maybe with us coming in late in the day at 12:00pm we may be able to fine a taxi driver willing to drive just us to just these spots. Is Biz Rentals a good company?

Very good info. There are 3 of us. One is our mom that's in her 70's. Looking at touring the Island for places like 99 steps, BlackBreaded Castle, Drake's Seat and Mountain Top. We are on RCCL Freedom of the Seas coming into Charlotte Amalie which I believe is Havensight. Maybe with us coming in late in the day at 12:00pm we may be able to fine a taxi driver willing to drive just us to just these spots. Is Biz Rentals a good company?

The regular island tour would cover all those spots, except maybe 99 steps.

These folks have a history tour that does go in town

http://www.islandtoursvi.com/tours.html

Don't know about Biz.

You just made my plan so MUCH easier. All the tours I found were stops at the beach. I live in Florida and work outside. No way would I never compare St.Thomas beaches with our. But wasn't really wanting to go to the beach. I Thank You very much. I'm a bigger fan of tours then driving. Happy Cruising!!!!