HELP! Newbie needs some advice....

weenie2

We are from New Zealand and have booked a grand suite on RCCL Ovation next May Dubai to Singapore (14 day re-positioning with not many ports of call). Then I saw NCL Star doing Dubai to Singapore 21 day with an amazing itinerary. They have the freestyle choice promo right now ( free bev package and specialty dining etc)...and if we booked the 2 bedroom family suite...it would be a similar price to ovation grand suite once we bought the beverage packages and specialty dining .

So, I am wondering how suite perks compare.. NCL Star has no haven....so what suite perks does it have? Is it a nice ship? Is the food good?...is the NCL experience better than RCCL? ...I have only cruised once on celebrity century in a royal suite where perks were pretty nice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many say that NCL does the suites best - altough I'm not personally familiar with Royal Suites on RCCL or Celebrity.

You can find most suite perks on NCL's site, only suite perk missing on Dawn class ships is the access to private sundeck area (Haven):

http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

In addition (didn't see it mentioned in the listing at the bottom of the page) all suites have VIP breakfast and lunch served in a private venue, usually they use Cagney's or Moderno for that function (normal speciality restaurant at dinner).

You didn't tell if you actually need two bedrooms but the suite perks are the same for all full suites (category codes starting with letter S) with the exception of some additions (complimentary bottles of liquor and free waters/sodas in cabin fridge) in highest level suites (SB, SA, S1) so you do not need to book a two bedroom suite if smaller suite would also suit your needs.

Edited by Demonyte