Does Queen Elizabeth Pavillion pool have a retractable roof?

claiream3

It is widely advertised that Queen Victoria does on their marketing material but it does not say the same for Elizabeth. Having studied their deck plans and compared with Victoria I cannot see this.

On photographs I can see that there are signs of a roof but it looks like this only goes as far as over the Garden Lounge seating area?

I ask as I am looking at a mini cruise on her first week of January with 2 sea days and this pool area would be an ideal place to spend those sea days however it may make or break my booking if I knew that the roof is not retractable and therefore this pool would be closed off due to the weather and temperatures over the north sea the first week in January!

I look forward to learning my fate!

It is widely advertised that Queen Victoria does on their marketing material but it does not say the same for Elizabeth. Having studied their deck plans and compared with Victoria I cannot see this.

On photographs I can see that there are signs of a roof but it looks like this only goes as far as over the Garden Lounge seating area?

I ask as I am looking at a mini cruise on her first week of January with 2 sea days and this pool area would be an ideal place to spend those sea days however it may make or break my booking if I knew that the roof is not retractable and therefore this pool would be closed off due to the weather and temperatures over the north sea the first week in January!

I look forward to learning my fate!

Hi claiream3

The Queen Mary 2 has a retractable glass roof over her Pavilion Pool on Deck 12 (and two other pools near the stern that do not (Decks 8 & 6)).

But neither of the two pools on both the Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Victoria have retractable glass roofs, they are always open to the elements.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Claiream3,

Just off QE yesterday. I'm afraid neither she nor QV have a roof over the pavilion pool, they are both open to the elements. The only inside pool is in the spa area and that is tiny. QV has a retractable roof over its winter garden room which is next to the pavilion pool. The pools are nice and warm but getting in and out in January would be quite a challenge! My husband tells me he wants to try the pool on our new years cruise on QV. I think he might be on his own for that!

Hi again claiream3,

Here are some photos of the main pools on all three ships...

Queen Elizabeth two pools on Deck 9…

QE Lido Pool

QE Pavilion Pool, Dome of the Garden Lounge & "Grills" Decks

Queen Victoria two pools on Deck 9.…

Queen Mary 2 three pools…

Deck 12...

QM2 Pavilion Pool Deck 12 (2)

(open...

QM2 Pavilion Pool Deck 12 (3) )

Deck 8...

QM2 Terrace Pool and Bar Deck 8 (5)

Deck 6...

QM2 Deck 6 and 7

Hope these help :)

Edited by pepperrn

Thank you for your answers and thank you to Pepperrn for the additional info, I will enjoy looking through that of QV & QE as I have had the pleasure of taking my honeymoon aboard QM and I very much enjoyed using her spa and pools.

Knowing that both are open to the elements that gives me some comfort in that at least I am not missing out on one, therefore I am hopeful I will be able to secure the trip on QE in January.

Thanks again,

Claire

Thank you for your answers and thank you to Pepperrn for the additional info, I will enjoy looking through that of QV & QE as I have had the pleasure of taking my honeymoon aboard QM and I very much enjoyed using her spa and pools.

Knowing that both are open to the elements that gives me some comfort in that at least I am not missing out on one, therefore I am hopeful I will be able to secure the trip on QE in January.

Thanks again,

Claire

Hi clairam3 (again!)

I noted, after making my posts above, that you sailed on QM2 in November '07 (your honeymoon), did you depart New York Saturday 10th November '07 (Caribbean cruise) by any chance? If you did, I was on board QM2 as well for that trip!

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn