Three Girls Trip Of A Lifetime on the Adventure of the Seas 9-5-15

So I will FINALLY conclude this review with a few of my final thoughts and comparisons.

First off the ship: I absolutely fell in love with this ship! It was so classy, and for me was how I had always envisioned how a cruise ship would be before I ever took my first cruise. However, there was a few areas where the ship needed attention, mainly where some of the art work is looking a little tattered and in the big chandelier in the promenade where several of the lights aren't working. It would be nice to see these little issues fixed and return this beautiful ship to her full glory. As compared to the NCL ships I've sailed so far, this ship is far superior in decor, lay out and amenities in my opinion.

Suite perks: This one goes to NCL for sure. While I really didn't miss the butler service, embarkation and disembarkation is much better for suite guests on NCL, being led on the ship by the concierge is much better than the cattle drive we experienced this time. Also, on NCL, the concierge will take you off the ship " the back way" and you skip the lines and hassle. We never had this offered to us, but I was told on the last night by other cruisers that if you asked, the concierge would do this for you. Which also brings me to a comparison for concierges. It seemed to me that on NCL they were much more present, we would see them all over the ship checking on their passengers, on the cruise we only seen our in the lounge. Also, I'm use to our concierge introducing themselves right away, not really the case this time. While she was very sweet, and was great about chatting with people in the lounge and calling us with updates through out the cruise. I also enjoyed the daily treats on our suite on NCL, we only got them a couple of times on this cruise. One area that RCI out does NCL is the complimentary cocktail hour every evening in the lounge. First of all, how can you go wrong with free booze and finger foods? Lol. Second, it was a great way to chat with and meet new people. I really wish NCL would adopt something similar.

The staff : I would have to say in my opinion, the staff on both lines are equally as wonderful. Everybody was always so friendly and helpful, we never once encountered somebody who acted like we were putting them out when we asked for something.

Dining experience and Food: I know this area is subject to everybody's personal taste, but I figured I would give my two cents anyway. This one also goes to RCI. I felt the menu and more options and the food quality was much better, especially the desserts. Also, I was so happy to have lobster night, since NCL did away with them. I know some people find it trivial, but to me it was just one small thing that made this cruise stand out for me. I will say found the wait staff to be equally as attentive and friendly on both lines. This cruise also made me realize why so many people enjoy traditional dining, in the sense of having the same waitstaff. Even though we had My time dining, I enjoyed having the same people every night, it was so fun talking to them and getting to know them through out the week. I have to say though, I do like how NCL is more casual as far as dress codes go, to where I don't have to worry too much about what will be found acceptable and what won't.

Overall, I have to say that I preferred the RCI experience more than the NCL experience, it was just better to me. I still NCL and will continue to sail them, but I'm hoping I can convince my BF to give RCI a try because I REALLY want it sail with them and don't want to do it alone lol!

This concludes this review and comparison. Thank you to everybody who joined me, I hope I was able to give some good pointers and advice, or at least an entertaining read . Happy Sailings!

Thanks so much for your review. you provided enough detail that I felt I was there with you. I'll be going over it more at a later time and compiling my list of things to do/not to do (like your sister did with the luggage, lol).

Great job and much appreciate the time you took so that we could experience your journey with you.

Best,

Robin