Conquest $199--Elation $99

RebelTX

Anyone else get email from PVP about the 5 day cruises on Elation & Conquest?

Elation

2 day Cruise at Sea

09/27/05 $99 Interior $129 Ocean view

Conquest

5 day Cruise to Cozumel & Progresso, Mexico

09/27/05 $199 Interior $299 Ocean view $349 Balcony

A little difficult to do with only one day's notice. If I had a couple of days notice, I'd seriously consider going.

Anyone else get email from PVP about the 5 day cruises on Elation & Conquest?

Elation

2 day Cruise at Sea

09/27/05 $99 Interior $129 Ocean view

Conquest

5 day Cruise to Cozumel & Progresso, Mexico

09/27/05 $199 Interior $299 Ocean view $349 Balcony

A little difficult to do with only one day's notice. If I had a couple of days notice, I'd seriously consider going.

I'd love to go wanna pay my airfare???... consider yourself lucky to get those great rates.. because they have never come across this way:)

Can you imagine the walk up airfare?:eek:

It's only a 4-5 hour drive for us, but with people starting to return to the Gulf Coast area, I'm scared to death I'd get caught in stalled traffic like those that evacuated.

Besides, I don't even have time to do enough laundry to get me thru the week!:p

I just got back from evacuating for hurricane rita! I live between Houston and Galveston and the gas supply is getting better by the minute! I cant believe the bargains and would love to go on the 2 day at sea but now I am broke from having to evacuate! The only hotel I could get was in Dallas at nearly $200/night plus my DH just missed 5 days of work because of it! I am sooo upset!

Who or what is PVP? I knew about the Elation deal, because we were cancelled from our Sunday 9/24 cruise...they offered us the $99 deal for a 2 night, one day, at sea. That info came direct from carnival. But, I'd love to know who PVP is to get heads-up info like that!

Thanks,

Sandra

There goes the theory that they must have a minifest 72 hours out because of 9-11. So last minute purchases are still possible contrary to past posts.

We were booked on the original cruise and were offered the shortened 2 day cruise for $199 (OV)and canceled. We had an OV which was $129 in the email. Hmmmm.......Guess a lot of people canceled.

Boy, am I dumb! I thought that was a site; it's just referring to a travel agent. I'll tell you, though, our agent wouldn't e-mail us about a $99 or $199 cruise. There wouldn't be any commission in it for her. I just can't see any agent taking the time.

Sandra

Who or what is PVP? Sandra

To clear up any remaining confusion, PVP is a Carnival Staff Travel Personal Vacation Planner, or even more clearly, a Carnival Staff Sales Agent.

Wouldn't be any commission in it for her. I just can't see any agent taking the time. Sandra[/Quote]

You car correct, most Independent TA's would not contact clients due to low or non-existent commission. That is part of the reason Carnival placed adds and had their PVP's contact many Gulf Coast State file customers via tele or e-mail. Also why they placed adds in the major papers. They worked hard internally to get butts on the ships.

Enjoy the week.

Archived