Impressed With Vantage

dmrbmr

I have been reading this message board since Nov.2014 , that's when my river cruise was changed to Aug. because the ship was over booked.There were pros and cons about all the cruise lines, lots of concerns about the river levels and ship swaps and how the companies were dealing with them.

My trip started with an extension in Prague,Bratislava, and Budapest with hotels that were above my expectations before getting on the River Splendor.

My wife and I have been on about 20 ocean cruises, this was our first river cruise, and didn't know what to expect. The service was great and the included tours were well managed.

There was one section of the river where the water was so low that the ships could only travel during day light hours, with fear of hitting a sand bar.

In order to do that the captain said we would have to miss stopping at Passau, because of the arrival time,which turned out to be the right thing to do. Even during daylight hours while on the back of the ship I could see mud from the river bottom being kicked up from the propellers.

We made it all the way to Cologne because of that decision that he made.

I have no complaints of how Vantage handled the arrangements and would travel with them again

Good to hear! We have traveled a dozen times with Vantage and never had a bad trip! Positive attitude and excitement for travel makes every journey better!

pbnjrockette couldn't have said it any better! We're just back from our 8th Vantage trip and still feel the same way. And I always tell new travelers to remember to pack a sense of humor....you never know when you'll need it!!:D

Great feedback. Glad you had a great trip.

What was your favorite thing about Prague?

We did a dinner cruise from 7-10Pm which was very nice. There were several ships that offered them ,but the choice we made on line before we left suited us, the food was good and the weather was great.

The cruise company picked us up at the hotel which was in a good location so we just walked back, it was about a 15 min walk.

We did a dinner cruise from 7 - 10 PM which was very nice. There were several ships that offered them, but the choice we made on line before we left suited us, the food was good and the weather was great. The cruise company picked us up at the hotel which was in a good location so we just walked back, it was about a 15-minute walk.

Can you please give me a Link for the Dinner Cruise company that you used? :confused:

We sail from Prague (staying 3 days at the Sheraton) and I was thinking of doing this. What is the cost? Thanks! :D

Can you please give me a Link for the Dinner Cruise company that you used? :confused:

We sail from Prague (staying 3 days at the Sheraton) and I was thinking of doing this. What is the cost? Thanks! :D

Hope this opens for you http://www.pragueairport-transfer.com/river-cruises/

We made res. on line and paid when proped off at the ship. 1380czk

aprox $57ea usd