Christmas on the Getaway

Kaboochi

I cruised on the Getaway in February and had a wonderful time. This will be my first Christmas cruise (a bucket list item). Traveling with my daughter and her boyfriend. How is a Christmas cruise different from other times of the year? Do they decorate the ship? Do they play Christmas music? Is there a special Christmas meal..... Any replies are so appreciated

I cruised on the Getaway in February and had a wonderful time. This will be my first Christmas cruise (a bucket list item). Traveling with my daughter and her boyfriend. How is a Christmas cruise different from other times of the year? Do they decorate the ship? Do they play Christmas music? Is there a special Christmas meal..... Any replies are so appreciated

I have not cruised on the Getaway for Christmas but have on NCL ships. There will be decorations all over, but it will still look like a cruise ship. There are wreaths and trees about. The dining room will have holiday center pieces. They usually have some sort of gingerbread village or two (atrium and or buffet area). There is a special Christmas show (well there was on the smaller ships in the main theatre) and music around (depends on the performers). There is a special Christmas meal for dinner in the MDRs. The always available part of the menu did not seem to be available, but the meal was terrific. Santa makes a few appearances. Also bring your own decorations for your door if you like.

Edited by drvalo

Thank you, more details if you have time please? So excited

Multiple trees throughout the ship. The ones on either side of the big screen in Atrium were attractive . . .

Atrium%20Tree-XL.jpg

The week before the actual Christmas sailing, the Food/Beverage team created a gingerbread village in front of Le Bistro that was quite nice. Here is a before & after picture . . .

Le%20Bistro%20Decorations-L.jpg

Le%20Bistro%20Decorations%202-L.jpg

Even Bong's Mojito Bar was festively adorned . . .

Mojito%20Bar%20Decorations-L.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I have not cruised on the Getaway for Christmas but have on NCL ships. There will be decorations all over, but it will still look like a cruise ship. There are wreaths and trees about. The dining room will have holiday center pieces. They usually have some sort of gingerbread village or two (atrium and or buffet area). There is a special Christmas show (well there was on the smaller ships in the main theatre) and music around (depends on the performers). There is a special Christmas meal for dinner in the MDRs. The always available part of the menu did not seem to be available, but the meal was terrific. Santa makes a few appearances. Also bring your own decorations for your door if you like.

ThNk you for the info. Our 1st holiday cruise and I'm excited

Multiple trees throughout the ship. The ones on either side of the big screen in Atrium were attractive . . .

Atrium%20Tree-XL.jpg

The week before the actual Christmas sailing, the Food/Beverage team created a gingerbread village in front of Le Bistro that was quite nice. Here is a before & after picture . . .

Le%20Bistro%20Decorations-L.jpg

Le%20Bistro%20Decorations%202-L.jpg

Even Bong's Mojito Bar was festively adorned . . .

Mojito%20Bar%20Decorations-L.jpg

So festive thanks for posting