Anyone ever had a suprise upgrade at pier?

cs

Try to keep free, last minute upgrades in prospective. We are probably talking about 2-3 bookings for one sailing that has over a thousand bookings on it. It's rare to get a last minute free upgrade and I wonder how many of these 'pier' upgrades were really given earlier but the pax never checked their booking on NCL's website to notice. I personally believe more upsells are offered to NCL direct bookings because it's easier - no middleman to deal with. Happy Sailing!

Go the ncl.com, then click on voyages & pricing at the top. Type in the dates and ship that you desire. You will then get a list of cruises that fall in that range - click on the date you'd like and then you'll see a list of available categories. Click on the category, and you'll see specific cabins available. Good Luck!!!

I wonder how many of these 'pier' upgrades were really given earlier but the pax never checked their booking on NCL's website to notice.

I bet most - I was upgraded on my first Dawn cruise. Not exactly at the pier but at the airport. I had booked a cat h oceanview GTD. I had called a couple of days before we departed no cabin assigned but never checked the advanced registration.

When we got to the airport the NCL rep in Miami had the manifest and we were in a BA - balcony deck ten.

I bet anything had I looked online that cabin would have been there in advance.

I know it has been posted before, but I just can't find it now. What is the up-sell desk phone # for NCL.

Mark

Mark,

You have to go through your TA now. The upsell desk will not deal with you individually. They will tell you we will call you-not you call us.

Dave

Keeping this thread going....anyone offered an upsell in the last week or so?

Fingers still crossed here for one on our Nov. Sun cruise....

Finally offered an upsell through my TA (6 days before cruise). TA snoozed too long so all they had were the more expensive upgrades. I passed. Hope you get a good deal. :)

THANKS CS!!! Just curious - if you don't mind - what kind of price did they offer? We are currently in a BA and are satisfied with that. However, if the price isn't too much, we'd certainly be interested in the upsell.

HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE!!! BON VOYAGE!!!

THANKS CS!!! Just curious - if you don't mind - what kind of price did they offer? We are currently in a BA and are satisfied with that. However, if the price isn't too much, we'd certainly be interested in the upsell.QUOTE]

From BB to AC $400.00 per person more, from BB to AE $250.00 more per person.

We really wanted the AG since it was listing on NCL website for only $50 pp more than we paid for the balcony. But like I said, TA snoozed...

We just got "offered" an upgrade from a BA to a AA for "only" $550 per person -we said no thanks.

I don't know what you paid for the BA cabin, but the AA-Owners Suite is about a $ 6000.00 cabin. I would have jumped on it. Our friends got the same offer on the Spirit in Alaska, they had paid about $ 1400 for a BA, they were bumped to a AA for $ 500 each.

They ended up with an Owners Suite for a total of about $ 2400.

Mark

Mark: # for the upsell desk is 800/625-4309 -- good luck!

WL2C2,

Thank you. We are in an Owners Suite, I was going to try and see what they would do the Garden Villa for.Or, Our friends are in an BA cabin, I wanted to see if they could get a connecting AC to our cabin.

Thanks again,

Mark

WL2C2,

Thank you. We are in an Owners Suite, I was going to try and see what they would do the Garden Villa for.Or, Our friends are in an BA cabin, I wanted to see if they could get a connecting AC to our cabin.

Thanks again,

Mark

Normal math for GV upsell

.50 X current price - price paid for existing cabins = upsell price

Example List = 26000 X .50 = 13000

Current cabins = AA @ 7000 + BA @ 3000 = 10,000

Approximate upsell price = $3000 for everyone

GREAT info. Shoreguy!!!

THANKS too CS!!!

Maybe I'm becoming alittle too obsessed with this. When I first started cruising, I'd only do interior. Had an ocean view last year and now balcony, and I'm already thinking suite. This is wild!!!

Hi all -We got the BA for a steal so I cant complain. For this particular ship and sailing the price for the AA is 1599-1799 per person; not a lot, but this is our second cruise this year and we took our anniversary cruise with nice suite in January. This cruise is with our son.

Heck we have one kid in college and another starting next year. One cruise a year is necessity :D but two a luxury;)

Karen

Hi all -We got the BA for a steal so I cant complain. For this particular ship and sailing the price for the AA is 1599-1799 per person; not a lot, but this is our second cruise this year and we took our anniversary cruise with nice suite in January. This cruise is with our son.

Heck we have one kid in college and another starting next year. One cruise a year is necessity :D but two a luxury;)

Karen

What ship and what sailing... we are looking for a cruise and that is a great price for an AA.

We booked a guarantee BE and have been given a BB room number. My question is, would NCL even consider us for any upsells to like a AF or AE?:confused: I had my TA put a note on my file stating I would be interested in an upsell. Just wondering since they bumped us up already (no cost), if they would even consider offering us an upsell..... Has this happened to anyone?

Archived