Question about the port for the CB in Ft Lauderdale.

Stimack

We are on this weekends sailing but have a slight issue with the time we will be getting to the Port. We will be staying with family Friday night but they have had something come up where they need to drop us off at 9:30 to 10:00 am. Will we be able to get in and or is there anything close that we could walk to or even take a cab to? It sounds like people have been able to get into the port and in line by 11:00 from my readings of the boards here. Just looking for some info, we don’t mind waiting around but if we could do something that would be great.

Thanks,

Stephen

I think you will be able to get into the port, the previous cruise passengers will be picked up by taxis and/or friends so the port will be open. The doors to the terminal will not be open for the next cruise passengers to board until at least 11 AM, and sometimes later depending on if there is a problem with the cruisers prior going thru customs, etc. It will probably be boring to hang around for too long.

I have heard there is a shopping center close to the port on 17th St/Ave I think. Besides a Publix and a drug store, I don't know what is there.

One important question to ask yourself is how important is it to you to be one of the first pax on board? The boarding process will go on for most of the afternoon, so there will be plenty of time to board if you do decide to do something else. One thing I've always wanted to do but never had the chance (because we arrive/depart the day of) is to ride the water taxi thru the canals and see all the beautiful homes. One place to catch it is the Marriott Marina and the cost is $5 pp if you are interested.

Since I always arrive about noon to 1 PM and leave immediately upon debarkation, I am not really in a position to give the best advice. Someone with more experience is sure to answer your post.

Archived