Who is pianist in Triumph piano bar?

TorontoBeach

Hi, gang.

Carnival doesn't usually book us entertainers too far in advance, so it's impossible to know who will be the piano man on a particular ship months from now. I realize it's probably frustrating for those of you who are big fans of the piano bar. :( My only suggestion is to try to stay in touch with your favorite piano man (men) and check in with him now and then to see where he's headed. I post my whereabouts on my website, which, I admit, I'm slow about updating! :rolleyes:

It's Cameron ("Cam") Brown who took my place on the Liberty. I believe, though, that he's leaving the Liberty when it reaches Lauderdale. Not sure.

FYI....Eric is only doing the new england cruise on the triumph. Once that is over he will be persuing other opportunities. We had a great time when Eric was on the Destiny. By the end of the cruise, the piano was literally broken from way too much "Joy to the World"-- or perhaps too many dancers. We were hoping to surprise a member of our group with him being on the victory next year, but that will not be the case. Hope whoever is on the victory in Feb. will show us as good a time as Eric did because that is where we plan to spend a lot of time.

The first time I was on Triumph (in 2001), the pianist was amazing. Can't remember his name, but he was bald and stocky, and he had a basketball net to throw tips into. Everytime someone did, he would stand up and announce "This is my new best friend." He would also play "I don't want to work, I just want to lay on the beach all day" in between songs.

Not sure, but kind of sounds like Ed Rrrocks... he was on the Valor last week, and after years of hearing about him, we finally got to experience Ed... he was AWESOME! He did little trivia spots between songs, threw little koala bears out into the audience... did some fun songs and really got the crowd going. Definitely the best one I have seen yet!!!! And he did the pussycat song perfectly!!! :eek:

the pussycat song? "whats new pussycat"?

Um, not quite :p You know... "just a friendly little cat"???? :D Great piano bar song... he only does it late night, to make sure not to offend. He adds some classic lines... it's great!! I only said "pussycat" because I needed to add "cat" :D

Hi, gang.

Carnival doesn't usually book us entertainers too far in advance, so it's impossible to know who will be the piano man on a particular ship months from now. I realize it's probably frustrating for those of you who are big fans of the piano bar. :( My only suggestion is to try to stay in touch with your favorite piano man (men) and check in with him now and then to see where he's headed. I post my whereabouts on my website, which, I admit, I'm slow about updating! :rolleyes:

It's Cameron ("Cam") Brown who took my place on the Liberty. I believe, though, that he's leaving the Liberty when it reaches Lauderdale. Not sure.

Yes Cameron was on the Liberty for the 2 night voyage out of Ft. Lauderdale but was leaving after that and said he did not know who was taking over for him after that.

Hi Mark and thanks for posting what ship you are going to be on. I only wish all the entertainers on a ship would do that. It would make things a lot easier. Mary Ann

• 1 month later...
This sounds exactly like the piano bar guy we had on the Imagination in May. He was so much fun we went back to that bar every night. His name was Barry.

This was a looong time ago.. April 12, 1998 to be exact. Anyway, the guy that played the piano at the Drama Bar on the Promanod Deck on the Elation was named Barry. He played the "I don't want to work" song too. He also did "Brown Eyed Girl" alot and changed it to blue eyed or whatever color eyes a pretty girl had.He took a likeing to my roommate. I have photos..I'll try and attach. He is very talented. He called himself a one man band and he whore a cowboy hat that had a Corona band around it.

409693262_Barry1.jpg.a92e84f1c9fd87880a6cde75ed8ae914.jpg

1609086581_Barry2.jpg.51fc258dbf7f506edae0ae12d60a8ffc.jpg

The main reason that Carnival probably won't give out the specifics on which entertainers are on which ship is because that can change in an instant. Literally. You get assigned a ship, but at the last minute, that can totally change. Or, you might get transfered in the middle of your contract for whatever reason. These things actually happen a LOT. If Carnival were to say, tell you so and so piano man were going to be on the conquest in march of 06, and you "booked your cruise accordingly" and somewhere between now and then, staff got switched around and that didn't happen, a lot of people would be complaining to Carnival "you guaranteed this guy and that's the only reason we came and you were wrong and now our vacation is completely ruined" etc etc etc.

Telling you who the piano guy (or whichever crew member) is going to be on a certain ship 6,3, even 1 month/s from now is just rarely possible because they really don't know half the time.

cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't read through all the replies, so I'm sorry if I may be answering this question again, but.... I think the bald stocky guy you mentioned is Barry Miller. I just came back from a week on Glory, and he was there....still with the same tip jar....and making lots of new best friends with every tip received.

Hola from the Valor everybody! Happy 2006!

The latest info I have on piano bar assignments has Duane Lewis on the Liberty right now and Nick Pratt (Australian) on the Triumph. Nick's currently scheduled to be on the Triumph until March 11. I am leaving the Valor on April 2.

A note about moving the piano players around: it doesn't behoove the company to move us around willy-nilly... there has to be a reason, such as someone has to leave for a family emergency, or falls ill, or is transfered to a new vessel in in the shipyard, etc. It costs the company money to move us, so they only do so when necessary.

Oh, and yes, the Kitty Cat song is always a hit... MEOW! :D

Ron

I don't know who will be on the Triumph after that date. The company probably hasn't assigned anyone yet. Wish I could help ya!

Piano Man Ron -

Do you know who will be in the Piano Bar on the Glory when she comes out of drydock in 2 weeks?? I'll be sailing her in 3 weeks....CAN'T WAIT :)

The Piano Bar is my FAVORITE place and I am usually there every evening until kicked out and sent over to the disco :D

• 1 month later...

Ron, we had the pleasure of seeing you in the Piano Bar aboard the Victory almost two years ago. It was such a riot, and we looked forward to seeing your show nightly. We missed the atmosphere and great time so much, and although we know you won't be onboard with us, we have just booked the Triumph for this December.

Happy travels to you, Ron. :)

Not sure, but kind of sounds like Ed Rrrocks... he was on the Valor last week, and after years of hearing about him, we finally got to experience Ed... he was AWESOME! He did little trivia spots between songs, threw little koala bears out into the audience... did some fun songs and really got the crowd going. Definitely the best one I have seen yet!!!! And he did the pussycat song perfectly!!! :eek:

I thought of Ed right away too! Glad to know he's still around the Carnival family--we really enjoyed him on one of our cruises.

As far as I know, Nick Pratt has been extended on the Triumph to April 8. Barry Miller will be on the Glory, his departure date TBA. I am leaving the Valor April 2 for a vacation of approx 6 weeks, then back on the Valor from mid-to-late May until October.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Ron

Okay - question from someone who works as a professional pianist part-time . . .

Are there are piano bars with traditional or classically-trained musicians - or jazz - I love to relax with a drink and here someone that is really gifted, not necessarily just the raucous funny stuff (although that is fun too), but also like to hear a little true piano music - is there any of that too?

Archived