Diamond Princess D736 & D737

Sydney24

Has anyone been in these mini-suites recently? We have booked D736 for a Japan cruise but am now worried by comments in some older posts that there is no sofa in these mini-suites. We liked this suite for the extra large balcony. I understand the configuration is different with the beds not converting to a queen and the bathroom set up as accessible which we can handle but we do like to have a sofa in the lounge area. The last review I can see is dated 2009.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anne

Has anyone been in these mini-suites recently? We have booked D736 for a Japan cruise but am now worried by comments in some older posts that there is no sofa in these mini-suites. We liked this suite for the extra large balcony. I understand the configuration is different with the beds not converting to a queen and the bathroom set up as accessible which we can handle but we do like to have a sofa in the lounge area. The last review I can see is dated 2009.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anne

Here's a December 2010 YouTube video I found from the Sapphire:

I also found this quote on another CC thread when I did a Google search:

"Have never been on the sapphire---but we were in D736 on the Diamond Princess----???same configuration ship??? That cabin was NOT a typical mini-suite. More like Crowsie described ---handicapped accessible.

I was very disappointed with the room, but the balconey was fabulous. The sitting area had 2 chairs---uncomfortable, and there were 2 TV's. Twin beds could not be made into a queen.--- Our family was in D732 and had the typical lovely minisute.---

Do NOT know if these cabins have been "reworked"-----There was terrible closet space also. Not sure why Princess did not label this room as handicapped----Perhaps the entrance around the corner was not wheel-chair accessible.???"

That post was from 2005, so it's possible that things have changed.

Edited by Cindy

Thanks for your quick reply and assistance Cindy. I did see these but wondered whether there had been any changes since 2010. It seems strange to maintain a cabin as accessible but not be able to use it as one. Doesn't seem to help any passengers. Thanks again. Anne