Celebrity Equinox Sept. 7 cruise review with photos - hopefully!!

MsB1254

We did our trip leaving from Civettavechhia (Rome) and part of the passengers started the trip in Barcelona (on Royal) two years ago. It was wonderful to see all of your photos. We have some photos from the same locations and used some of the same guides as you had. It was the trip of a lifetime. There were five of us and it was our first trip to Europe. We enjoyed it so much. Your photos brought back so many wonderful memories. Thank you for posting the photos of the Equinox. We will be on this ship in June in the Caribbean. We are excited to try a new cruise line since we've been cruising Royal for many years now. I envy your seats on the plane for the trip to Barcelona. We followed the same safety precautions as you too. Even after instructions to our bank, prior to leaving they put a stop on our ATM and we had to go out on the street in Rome, in the middle of the night (because of the time difference) to phone the bank and get it straight before leaving with our tour guide the following morning. We weren't looking forward to being out on the empty, dark streets at night so ALL of us went. Safety in numbers. The tour guides, as you know, want cash and we didn't want to waste time the next day. The Equinox looks beautiful and I'm so glad to hear the food is good. I don't think we are going to try the Specialty restaurants, but we have OBC and might decide to give it a try. Again, thanks for all the wonderful photos that were such a fresh reminder of our own trip. Wish we were able to go on a Med cruise this summer, but maybe next year. I would be willing to travel to the same ports again, especially after seeing your photos.

Excellent review, I'm fully enjoying it. I have a big doubt now, though...I'm booked for a 7 days cruise on August 2016 (harmony of the seas, sailing from Barcelona)...but now I'm considering a 10 days cruise on Equinox, from Rome to Barcelona...I don't care the itinerary ( I live in Italy and know all those places)...any of you have some tips or suggestions???

Which is the difference in Europe, between RCCL and celebrity, about the public...? We're 41 and 38, no children...

Thanks

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

I thought Reflection was a better ship. Green islands and Turkey from Roma.

Excellent review, I'm fully enjoying it. I have a big doubt now, though...I'm booked for a 7 days cruise on August 2016 (harmony of the seas, sailing from Barcelona)...but now I'm considering a 10 days cruise on Equinox, from Rome to Barcelona...I don't care the itinerary ( I live in Italy and know all those places)...any of you have some tips or suggestions???Which is the difference in Europe, between RCCL and celebrity, about the public...? We're 41 and 38, no children...

Thanks

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Harmony of the Seas is going to be a completely different experience than any of the Celebrity ships. Your going to have a lot more children on board (a lot more everyone as the ship is massive) with Harmony and all of the kid friendly activities like the water slides, ice rink, and flow riders. Harmony has better production shows. Celebrity is going to be much more subdued and calm between the two. Grass lawn on the Equinox, glass blowing demonstration, beautiful air conditioned solarium, and Martini bar are my favorite spots. Harmony is like going to a nice shopping mall, with different themes in each of the ships neighborhoods, and 10+ restaurants. So it just depends on what you are looking for.