IAH or Bayport/Kemah hotel with playground/park/trails within walking distance?

anonmom

We are flying in to IAH late on a Friday evening for an NCL Jade cruise leaving Bayport the next day at 4pm. Trying to decide if we should stay at an IAH hotel with a free airport shuttle, then take an Uber to the port after checkout, or take one Uber to the Kemah/Seabrook area hotel and another Uber to the port the next day.

Is there a hotel that has a playground or is near a park or some walking trails or a nature area or something? I don't want to do a major activity that morning because I don't want to feel rushed, but would love a nice, outdoor area where my 4 yo can run off some energy before we get in line for embarkation.

I know the Kemah Boardwalk exists, but would prefer something more natural/less commercial. I have read a lot of reviews of the boardwalk hotel that make it seem loud to the point of being hard to sleep.

Thanks!

We are doing the same before our spring break cruise. We get into IAH early afternoon. I booked at the Holiday Kemah. It's walking distance to the boardwalk which will give my 3 teenage girls plenty of options for dining and shopping the night before our cruise on the Jade.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/kemah/kemtx/hoteldetail

I would do the airport to Seabrook, stay the Best Western Seabrook

Free shuttle to the port, free shuttle 5 miles around the Hotel

Here is the website

http://bwseabrooksuites.com/property-info/property-overview/

I had looked into the Best Western, since I think it is the only hotel with a port shuttle, but they are completely booked.

We are doing the same before our spring break cruise. We get into IAH early afternoon. I booked at the Holiday Kemah. It's walking distance to the boardwalk which will give my 3 teenage girls plenty of options for dining and shopping the night before our cruise on the Jade.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/kemah/kemtx/hoteldetail

It will already be past my preschooler's bedtime by the time we land. I guess we'll start the bedtime routine (snack, pjs, etc) on the plane, but we'll still have to go straight to bed when we get to whatever hotel we choose.

Now that I really think things through, it seems like the Marriott inside IAH might be our best bet. If we got a good night's sleep we could have a relaxed breakfast, then an hour at the pool, and then just catch an Uber around 11:30 to get to the port in plenty of time for our 4pm departure.