Differences Between Pearl Inside Staterooms?

CapCrunch

I'm going on a charter cruise on the NCL Pearl, and finally just found out my stateroom number. I requested and am in a Mid-Ship Inside stateroom (category 1A) on deck 10. I'm fine with an inside because (a) it's my first cruise so I don't know any better and (b) I don't really expect to spend much time in my room aside from sleeping. It'll probably freak me out a bit to not be able to see anything aside from the inside of the room, but I enjoy a good scare.

My questions are:

- How is deck 10? The NCL site says I'll "be near all the action" which might mean I'll be able to hear the bowling - again, I'm not very sensitive to noise - it just doesn't bother me much, so I can take whatever opinions/info you have. There ARE some ominous large, open spaces on decks 10 and 11, but I don't know what they are. An Atrium? The bowling alley? A dining room?

- What is the difference between the 1A rooms and the other classes of inside rooms? Also, my cabin number on the floorplan has a + next to it - I sort of know what that means - it says sleeps 4, which is probably better than sleeps 3, but since it will be just me does this make any practical difference? It looks like I maybe get like 5 sq ft more than some of the inside rooms, which may be a bit better.

Anyway, it's exciting to know where my little living cubicle will be, but I'd love to know more about it and what's around me. I did a search on the room # here, but there's nothing. It's too little and generic I guess.

BTW, I have a wife and kids, but the kids will be in school, and my wife wasn't interested in going on a cruise anyway, although I feel like I'm sort of scoping out the experience to convince them to go on one with me some time. What she wants to do is a river cruise, but I think we have to wait until our younger son is old enough for sleep away camp. LOL.

The category you have is IA, not 1A. :)

The location sounds great - there are only cabins and crew spaces on decks 9-11 so you have most likely cabins below and above you. Bowling lanes are in a lounge on deck 7 aft, just like many other noise sources like atrium (midship), theatre (fwd), etc.

The big white spaces on those decks (9-11) are crew spaces, ie. storage areas for cabin stewards, passageways, etc and while there can be occasional door banging etc, they usually do not disturb much.

The category you have is IA, not 1A. :)

The location sounds great - there are only cabins and crew spaces on decks 9-11 so you have most likely cabins below and above you. Bowling lanes are in a lounge on deck 7 aft, just like many other noise sources like atrium (midship), theatre (fwd), etc.

The big white spaces on those decks (9-11) are crew spaces, ie. storage areas for cabin stewards, passageways, etc and while there can be occasional door banging etc, they usually do not disturb much.

Thanks! When I was in 4th grade, a kid started reading aloud section 1A in a text book by saying "LA."

Ok, that sounds pretty good - is there somewhere where there are listings of what's on which deck of the Pearl? The kind of info you supplied above. Where all the restaurants are, etc?

Thanks again!

Complimentary dining: MDRs (Main Dining Rooms) are on deck 6 (the aft one is accessed through a stairwell on deck 7). There is a pub style 24/7 eatery on deck 8 and buffet (both indoor and outdoor) on deck 12.

In addition there are speciality restaurants on decks 6, 7 and 13.

Deck plans and listings of venues on each deck can be found here (most public spaces/venues are on decks 6-8 and 12-13): http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/deck-plans

Info about already mentioned dining options (fleetwide document): http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

Edited by Demonyte

• 4 weeks later...

We just had our first inside cabin last week on the Pearl...Loved it. We have sailed in suites, balconies, and ocean view cabins in the past. We were given a great deal for an inside sideways cabin on deck 9 and jumped at the chance - so glad we did.

We thought we would miss our balcony, nope... thought we would miss the window...not really. The only thing that was really weird...was the complete absence of light. I know it sounds strange...but I never really realized how dark "Dark" could be. When the lights are off...you can't see your hand one inch in front of your face. Next time we will bring a night light so it is easier to find the bathroom at night :) The inside cabin also stayed cooler than all of our other cruises.

We were in Deck 9 aft - Cabin 9623. Loved it. The sideways cabin gives you a bigger closet. Area is super quiet and close to aft and center elevators. Loved it. If you chose a cabin in this area you will have an awesome room steward - Marvin. Great guy.

My two cents worth.