Breeze Pic Review

Kverlinger

Disclaimer: We sailed back in June so this is a little old, but I wanted to share my experience. Better late than never.

We are a family of 4. We have 2 girls ages 10 and 7. We drove to Miami from the panhandle of Florida the day before. We met my in-laws there. They came along on the trip with us.

Night before: We stayed at Hyatt Place/Miami Airport. I wouldn't really recommend this place but I picked it because we could leave our van there for the week at no extra charge. When we came back our van was still there, so thats a plus!

Port Arrival: I want to start off by saying that during my 8 day stay, looking back I can not think of one thing that made me mad or put a damper on the cruise except when we first arrived to the port. I measured my bags beforehand and decided that we would just carry on all of our luggage. So, when we got there the lady at the door (that worked for the port, not carnival) would not let us go through because she told us that we had to check our bags first. There was a big huge sign right behind her with the specs for bags. I told her that my bags were within the limits and i wanted to carry on and she refused. I asked her to measure my bags, she refused, she said all bags need to be checked. OK? so what about that big sign behind you? Is that a lie? "I don't know,ma'am, I don't work for carnival". Tired of arguing...we opened our bags on the side walk and got out all of our expensive items to carry on in our book bag, checked our bags, and was on our way. This kinda upset me. I know this lady didn't work specifically for carnival but they need to have better communication. ANYWAYS. Long story short...Be prepared to check your bags in Miami.

Day 1: Getting on the ship was easy and we were on around noonish. We didn't have faster to fun. We probably got on 30-45 mins after them.

IMG_6962_zpsrupqmyyq.jpg

We went straight to the Italian restaurant for lunch, this was the only time we ate there. It was good but we don't really like Italian that much and the ship had a huge variety.

IMG_6970_zpst2u7rfjy.jpg

After lunch we headed to check out our new home for the next 8days. We were in connecting balcony rooms on the 6th floor. My in-laws and my oldest daughter were in one room, and my youngest was in the room with my husband and I. It was very convenient having a connecting room. We were forward. I loved the location.

IMG_6972_zpshbzvxjzi.jpg

This was the first time we decided to bring the kids with us. We thought they were finally at a good age.

IMG_7036_zpsmifsrzoe.jpg

IMG_6974_zpsciohms7h.jpg

IMG_6975_zpslh0m9z6p.jpg

The kids wanted to do the ropes course. I actually ended up doing it with them later on in the cruise. Lots of fun.

IMG_6992_zpsigsogpya.jpg

IMG_6994_zpsn8ahko2e.jpg

IMG_7003_zpsc1j2pu6p.jpg

IMG_7037_zpssx6p5tov.jpg

After all the exploring, we got ready for muster drill which was painless, and then we got ready for our first dinner in the dining room!

IMG_7015_zps83v0z5di.jpg

IMG_7016_zpslfxo0pwa.jpg

The "shot guy" came around every evening. He was very pushy. lol

St. Maarten:

We took Benard's Tour. He took us around to different sites. We stopped at the french side (Marigot) and were able to get off the bus and look around. We also stopped at Maho Beach. I was really looking forward to seeing the planes. I had never been there before. Not much came in while we were there and Maho "Beach" isn't much of a beach to me...Its so washed away. There was hardly anywhere to stand. Glad we saw it once though. I probably wouldn't go back. We opted out of going to Orient Beach (It cost 5 dollars more and is in the other tour) because we had the kids with us and we have been there twice already. Overall it was a good day.

IMG_0461_zpspylf2nsh.jpg

IMG_0480_zpseqf4yzci.jpg

IMG_0481_zps7ozdnsgs.jpg

IMG_0509_zpspfllcpvq.jpg

IMG_7229_zpsgezevddq.jpg

IMG_7154_zpsbaqpm40w.jpg

OK...So after all the St.Maarten fun, we had to get ready for the Chef's Table. The kids were going to eat with the Grandparents tonight. I was super excited about the Chef's Table but nervous that my husband was going to kill me over the cost!!! lol

It turned out to be sooooo worth it. We had joked that we were going to drink 75 dollars worth of alcohol each to make up for it. lol So we were chugging wine as soon as we got there. It kept coming. We had a blast. The whole table got along and we had a great time.

IMG_7224_zpsckwomzix.jpg

IMG_7176_zpsfkdbcvyf.jpg

IMG_7222_zpsvfxpnmbm.jpg

IMG_7180_zpsbguftjen.jpg

IMG_7183_zpsvyg0bhoh.jpg

IMG_7186_zps6esyj5re.jpg

Thank you for posting, going on the Breeze for the first time in December and loving the pictures. Your daughters are adorable! The youngest is a spitting image of you!

Thanks!!! I hope you enjoy Breeze. She is a beautiful ship! ;)

I absolutely love San Juan. We had never been before. The kids wanted to stay on the ship in Camp Carnival because they knew today would be nothing but walking around. We got off the ship and headed towards the fort. From there we to lunch and we went shopping.

IMG_7316_zpsxt7kzxbe.jpg

IMG_0520_zpskhntmvpq.jpg

IMG_7320_zpsi4knkt9v.jpg

IMG_7371_zpss7u972va.jpg

IMG_7361_zpskfspeqsa.jpg

Grand Turk was a good beach day. We went down past the crowds to Jack's Shack. I wanted to see the golden doodle because I have two poodles at home and absolutely love the breed.

IMG_7414_zpsmvfckwj7.jpg

P6251015_zpsjzjlydlk.jpg

P6251008_zpsdv9h0rdf.jpg

I found Topher!!!

IMG_7428_zps3avkk3vy.jpg

IMG_7442_zpstxqtajuv.jpg

IMG_7440_zpswhidswj4.jpg

We played with the dog, swam, and snorkeled a little. There wasn't mush to see snorkeling. We decided to head back early for lunch and some more waterworks fun.