Carnival Glory: 2470

Caraec

I am interested in hearing reviews on this room. I understand that we may feel some vibration when we are docking. I just have a few questions for those of you who have stayed in this cabin:

1) Did you experience noise since you were below a restaurant?

2) Was the room overly warm since it is larger than other staterooms in that category and has two windows rather than one?

3) Did vibrations bother you, other than when the ship was docking?

I currently have this room on hold!

Thanks!

We were just in this cabin for the Sep 26 sailing on Glory! No noise problems from the restaurant at all. Vibration wasnt bad first couple of days, but when we got behind schedule and the captain had to go full speed, it was AWFUL. Cell phones vibrating right off the desk, couldn't sleep, it was pretty bad.

Cabin stayed consistently warmer than what we are used to with Carnival.

Loved having all the room and the double windows, but we will never do one of those cabins on a conquest-class ever again.

Of course, YMMV

I have this room booked on both the Glory and the Conquest and I'm hoping for not too much shaking. I'm looking forward to having the extra room. I've never had an OV room before but the regular balconies are so tight it's hard to pass each other. Hope I don't miss the balcony too much! I've been all the aft on the Pride twice and it has the worst reported vibration. It was bad at times. We had to move all the glasses. The back of the MDR was so bad some nights it made me nauseous.

I have posted numerous times on this room having stayed in it once on the Conquest and 3 times on the Glory. We had a lot of rattling and vibrations but as you can see it didn't deter me. Hint: use papers from the junk flyers in your room to tear into little pieces to put in the rattling spots like where the long light strips are by the window. The plastic vibrating on the metal can get really annoying. Also a thicker piece pushed under the door opposite the hinges of the safe when it's closed will save you a lot of frustration :)

Just do a search and you can see my previous postings on these rooms. I love them but if you like it quiet, then can get rooms now while you can.

Oh and the vibrations when docking were tame compared to when we were going full steam through some rough waters. It was so loud I gave up trying to watch tv, but it didn't bother me that much. I like not being able to hear people in the hallway. But if you are the type that needs quiet to sleep, you will not be happy. And there can be quite a bit of movement back there. My sister's girlfriend (they stayed in 2473) was seasick all night. Poor thing. It was her first cruise.