Butler questions

motleyfan

OMG .. idont get , sorry . Its our first time in a haven suite. We have paid the service charge for all the waiters - crew. Now i understand that the butler and concierge is not in that.

So how agian does it work out . When we order something through our butler will we be charged with more? And the tipping thing is up to us ,on how much we will pay them ? Will we be paying for a day for a butler? Sorry just dont understand it :confused:

Edited by met195

OMG .. idont get , sorry . Its our first time in a haven suite. We have paid the service charge for all the waiters - crew. Now i understand that the butler and concierge is not in that.

So how agian does it work out . When we order something through our butler will we be charged with more? And the tipping thing is up to us ,on how much we will pay them ? Will we be paying for a day for a butler? Sorry just dont understand it :confused:

Hi! I'm not sure what you mean by "will we be charged with more"? The Butler will bring you breakfast (no "room service fee"), lunch (no "room service fee"). Dinners would be subject to the same Specialty Dining costs (like any other restaurant). Best way to think about it is that the "Room Service Fee" the rest of the ship pays, you do NOT pay in a Haven Suite. Only specialty dining fees are charged.

You tip the butler (and concierge), customarily at the end of the cruise. You should base it on what they have done to enhance your cruise (for example, I like breakfast in my suite, sometimes a random lunch or two, and maybe other minor things). So, I take that into consideration since the butler is bringing me these meals/etc. and I don't have to go to a restaurant for them (and, no one is faced with me before I have lots and lots of coffee :D).

There is no "pay for a day" for a butler. It's simply based on what YOU feel you want to tip them. You will see TONS of discussion on the boards on tips for butlers (and concierges). Tipping is so personal; however, I think a lot of people can agree that $50 total for a week to cover 6 people is...well...low.

Oh, you butler also brings snacks to you every day. The make sure your coffee maker is properly stocked and, well, a lot of things (too early for me to remember it all).

You'll find that they really are super people!

Enjoy and Happy Cruising :) !!

Hi! I'm not sure what you mean by "will we be charged with more"? The Butler will bring you breakfast (no "room service fee"), lunch (no "room service fee"). Dinners would be subject to the same Specialty Dining costs (like any other restaurant). Best way to think about it is that the "Room Service Fee" the rest of the ship pays, you do NOT pay in a Haven Suite. Only specialty dining fees are charged.

You tip the butler (and concierge), customarily at the end of the cruise. You should base it on what they have done to enhance your cruise (for example, I like breakfast in my suite, sometimes a random lunch or two, and maybe other minor things). So, I take that into consideration since the butler is bringing me these meals/etc. and I don't have to go to a restaurant for them (and, no one is faced with me before I have lots and lots of coffee :D).

There is no "pay for a day" for a butler. It's simply based on what YOU feel you want to tip them. You will see TONS of discussion on the boards on tips for butlers (and concierges). Tipping is so personal; however, I think a lot of people can agree that $50 total for a week to cover 6 people is...well...low.

Oh, you butler also brings snacks to you every day. The make sure your coffee maker is properly stocked and, well, a lot of things (too early for me to remember it all).

You'll find that they really are super people!

Enjoy and Happy Cruising :) !!

Thank you SO MUCH , that help a lot :D It is really confusing , so agian thank you:)

Thank you SO MUCH , that help a lot :D It is really confusing , so agian thank you:)

No worries. The NCL site really leaves a lot to be desired on clear information. Heck, I've been cruising them for quite a while and, if I read their information, *I* get confused. :D

i have always thought about upgrading once to try out the butler services but i don't wanna spoil the hubby LOL

Oh, he would be! :D :eek:

i have always thought about upgrading once to try out the butler services but i don't wanna spoil the hubby LOL

If I could get my husband to spoil me the way our last butler Roland did...I'd leave him a huge tip as well:)