Questions regardins to MSC,MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia

framboesa

Hello!

We just booked our first MSC Cruise (yeyyy):D...actually two, Fantasia (3 nights-12th november) and Splendida (4 nights-18 th november)

It will be our first cruise during winter season in the Med and will be the first cruise for a couple that will travel with us.

We are familiar with caribbean cruises and with north american cruise companies so we expect that we will find lots of diferences, specially regarding passengers and the italian way of orgaization.

Saying that we have some questions, thank you in advance for the help:

- What kind of theme nights/parties should we expect in short cruises? (3+4 nights)

- What were yous experiences with cruises during the winter?Is it too cold inside the ship or the temperature is the same all year round?Are the inside pools/ hot tubes always crowded(more than usual)?

- Comparing to Royal Caribbean/Carnival how is the food?...we are not picky, but should we expect to eat pasta all the time or are there a decent variety?

- What kind of inside activities can we expect? Are there activities like scrapbooking, trivial games, scavenger hunt, karaoke?

- Will we be able to have any benefit during the second MSC cruise? (three days after the first ended)

Thank You very much :)

Hello,

We have not sailed MSC yet so I am not much good to you, I am still in the research stage.

However there is a review on this board of the Armonia by Kreuzfahtneuling which I found very helpful and it has copies of the daily newspaper which show the daily program and activities, that might be give you some idea about the activities, I am not sure if they would be different on shorter cruises though.

Penny

I have sailed on both Fantasia and Splendida but I have not sailed on a short cruise so cannot tell you what the theme nights might be. On our recent back to back 7 night cruises we had "White Party" and "Italian night" as well as two formal evenings - Italian night the suggested dress was red/white/green.

There will be plenty of variety on the menu - especially at night with Western Asian and Ethnic tastes all catered for - you can google menus - there are plenty of examples around.

There will be lots of indoor activities in Winter. In the main bar there will be the entertainment team running lots of different quizes food demonstrations, craft as well as board games. Check your daily program for a run down on what is going on each day.

The pools will not be well frequented and the outdoor pool and spas will still be heated. The indoor spas might get a little crowded although I found at times I was the only one in there.

I have sailed on both Fantasia and Splendida but I have not sailed on a short cruise so cannot tell you what the theme nights might be. On our recent back to back 7 night cruises we had "White Party" and "Italian night" as well as two formal evenings - Italian night the suggested dress was red/white/green.

There will be plenty of variety on the menu - especially at night with Western Asian and Ethnic tastes all catered for - you can google menus - there are plenty of examples around.

There will be lots of indoor activities in Winter. In the main bar there will be the entertainment team running lots of different quizes food demonstrations, craft as well as board games. Check your daily program for a run down on what is going on each day.

The pools will not be well frequented and the outdoor pool and spas will still be heated. The indoor spas might get a little crowded although I found at times I was the only one in there.

Thank you for all the informations! We only have less than 10 days to prepare ourselves for a diferent cruise company, diferent ports and "winter" cruise...so any help is really apreciated! :);)

Hello,

We have not sailed MSC yet so I am not much good to you, I am still in the research stage.

However there is a review on this board of the Armonia by Kreuzfahtneuling which I found very helpful and it has copies of the daily newspaper which show the daily program and activities, that might be give you some idea about the activities, I am not sure if they would be different on shorter cruises though.

Penny

Thank you very much for your help ;)