Cruise Director Brent Davies

STHCruising

We are sailing on the Wonder on the EBPC cruise, and heard today that Brent is leaving DCL and moving to Disney's California Adventure where he will be responsible for entertainment. I heard this from a senior officer at the Platinum and Gold guest reception. Brent has always been our favorite cruise director, and, if this is true, he will be missed by many who enjoy DCL. He is such a genuine and fun individual. I can only assume this must be true given the source, but was wondering if anyone else has heard this news?

Edited by STHCruising

No, I hadn't heard this, but it isn't the first time a CD left DCL to take a position as head of entertainment in one of the parks....the other time I know of, it was at Animal Kingdom. Obviously the parks provide a much more family friendly job as kids get older, etc. Yes, a CD can bring a spouse and child on the ship, but that's not like being a family at home.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! Brent has been the CD on four of our cruises. We were hoping and praying that he'd be the CD on our Transatlantic next spring. He has always been totally approachable and genuinely friendly. On one occasion he sent a bagful of DCL goodies to our stateroom with a handwritten note thanking us for our patronage of DCL. He will be sorely missed. :(