Recent Caribbean Princess Cruisers Tryout the Lotus Spa?

amy hood

I would like to hear back from anyone of the recent sailings. Has anyone had a chance to try out the Lotus Spa? If so what to you have? Did you enjoy it? Anyone try out the thermal lounge chairs?

Thanks for any help you can give?

Sensation 11/98

Paradise 11/99

Golden Princess 11/2001

Golden Princess 03/23/03

yes I had a massage. There was no music...normally they have something soothing. So I asked and then got a loud syphony music...I asked her to lower it...better than nothing. Thermal is nice...but right under a baskeetball court. Manager said how was it...I said the thunmping was annoying and she said but how was it??? after another go round and another couple saying the same thing she said they had someone looking into that.

The massage was good though...Gym is nice and new. TVS nice but sometimes Id rather just look at the sea....too bad they arent adjustable.

Olympia 1970 Cunard Adventurer 1973 Fairwind 1975

Oceanic 1978 Volendam 1979

Cunard Princess 1980 Atlantic 1983 Oceanos 1984 Romantica

1997 Royal Princess 1998

Fascination 2000 2002 Ecstasy 2001 2002 Imagination 2001

Norway 2003 Dawn Princess 2003 Caribbean Princess 2004

Hi - we utilized the Lotus Spa on the 4/3 CaribPrincess (CP). It is very nicely laid out, the thermal chairs and Japanese Spa were very nice but not always enough chairs to go around....the youth program was excellent (massage & facial), my DH said hot stone massage was very nice, I loved my seaside solution facial, the deep tissue massage I got was very good and the reflexology was good but could not compare to the other treatments.

additional thoughts: most of the therapists are from the Phillipenes(sp?) and some are still learning english - so ask to speak with someone else if need be (they were all exceedingly nice and very helpful);since port day fees are lower, I scheduled our appointments for the afternoon of Princess Cays or Grand Caymen since we would be on board sailing by then but pay the lower price without losing any port time; and all of the products that they use are for sale but they do not have the heavy sales pitch so I had to ask what products were used for the few I did buy.

The spa is always a great part of my cruises and the Lotus Spa is well worth the time/$.

Doreen

igloo42

Do I understand correctly that the Diamond Princess does not have the Lotus Spa, but another contracted company on board?

I wonder how the prices compare, if this is the case.

MTS

A friend of mine who is a spa owner went with us on the Island and got a massage. He said the massage was wonderful, except for the part where they sat him up at the end and started the hard sell on all these products they thought he should buy. He was pretty upset about that.

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

no not steiner....princess runs the lotus spa

Olympia 1970 Cunard Adventurer 1973 Fairwind 1975

Oceanic 1978 Volendam 1979

Cunard Princess 1980 Atlantic 1983 Oceanos 1984 Romantica

1997 Royal Princess 1998

Fascination 2000 2002 Ecstasy 2001 2002 Imagination 2001

Norway 2003 Dawn Princess 2003 Caribbean Princess 2004

On the Inaugural had the AromaVedics massage and it was truly habit-forming. . .I can't wait to sail so I can do it again! I liked the thermal ceramic chairs a lot and the aromatherapy sauna/steam room. It was a wonderful afternoon.

Originally posted by HArry:

no not steiner....princess runs the lotus spa

I thought the only ships with the "Lotus Spas", were Caribbean Princess and the the soon to be released Sapphire?

What spa is on the Diamond?

Getting conflicting info here.

MTS

Thanks for the feedback. So far I have made at least 1 visit to the spa each cruise. I was wnering if the service was good. I love a massage. The sales pitch is something else though.

Sensation 11/98

Paradise 11/99

Golden Princess 11/2001

Golden Princess 03/23/03

Lotus Spa is the umbrella name Princess uses on all ships. Steiner operates them all except the ones on Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess; those are being operated by Princess. Part of the Princess difference will be no sales pitch, just an opportunity to buy, take it or leave it, much like you have an opportunity to buy a drink if you are sitting in one of the bars onboard.

If you've been a regular at the spas on the other ships, I think you are going to notice quite a few differences in the Princess operation.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

Alan is correct. Lotus Spa refers to the Design of the Spa. In the future, Princess plans to transition all of the ships to their management with the Phytomer product (when this managment has proven sucessful). They must wait until the Steiner contracts end before the Management changes. Suzie Wong, who designs a lot of Hollywood garments like Academy Award red-carpet frocks, has designed the new uniforms as well as new client kimonos or robes for the New Lotus.

Phytomer has a very useful site (didn't see any prices). It tells all about the uses of the algae for these sea-based products. Here is the link:

http://www.phytomer.com/AccUk.asp

I can hardly wait to try them. The lack of a hard-core sales pitch is another nice feature. I understand that the therapist will simply hand you a list of the products used in your treatment. These Phytomer products will also be sold in the Boutiques on board.

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

I posted this on the 5 June Roll Call, Caribbean Princess. Each of the 3 treatment menus prints out about 3 pages vs. the 19 pages of the on line spa brochure.

Thanks for the Princess Spa link, Kim. Kathy and Dennis will be back in Sydney on 28 April after a fantastic sail in FP on Tahitian Princess.

You can get Spa appointments on the half hour starting at 8 a.m and last appointment at 6:30 p.m. You may want to print some of these. I bet you'll not find such a comprehensive menu with rates on the ship.

BODY TREATMENTS - Lotus Spa, Caribbean Princess

PORT SEA

DAY DAY

$40 $65 Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub 25 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

$80 $115 Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub 50 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

$165 $125 Aroma Quench Elixir 115 Min

Marine nutrients and trace elements combine with the powerful aromatherapy oils of ylang-ylang, sage, sandalwood and lavender to create a stimulating and energizing body elixir. Finish with a HydraDelicat Body Spray and Moisturizing Body Cream application. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Aroma Quench Elixir" for details.

$100 $125 Golden Sun Kiss 50 Min

Avoid the harmful effects of the sun's rays with this bronzing skin treatment. A gentle exfoliation prepares the skin for our Soleil Auto Bronzant spray, evenly applied to the face and body for a streak-less tan. A home care product is included to prolong your healthy glow. Also available under the Lotus Youth Menu.

$40 $65 Lotus Blossom 25 Min

Aromatic essences extracted from the Lotus Flower and Primrose are combined with floral grains to create a gentle exfoliant that smoothes and moisturizes the skin. Finish with a floral milk cream that is massaged into the body to restore balance and hydration.

$75 $100 Lotus Splash | 50 Min

Immerse your body in a floral bath inspired by the Lotus Flower to enlighten and bring harmony to the mind and body. A delicate perfume and aura surround you in and out of the bath. Finish with a splash of blended creams and oils that nurture the skin, leaving you in a state of total bliss.

$80 $115 Marine Algae Masque 50 Min

This seaweed therapy and moisturizing application is customized to meet your body's individual needs, focusing on either contouring or firming. Our unique algae wrap helps rid the body of toxins, improving circulation and leaving the body fully restored. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Marine Algae Masque" for details.

$40 $65 Ocean Glow Polish 25 Min

Utilizing the healing power of marine extracts, this nourishing sea scrub leaves your skin feeling smooth and looking radiant. You may personalize this treatment by selecting from our relaxation-inducin OligoForce Serums that target contouring or firming.

$75 $100 Oceanic Plunge 50 Min

Therapeutic marine extracts relax the body, while powerful jets massage sore and tight muscles and assist your body's absorption of complex minerals, vitamins and trace elements to detoxify, nourish and rebalance. A brief wrap, refreshing shower and moisturizing massage complete this bathing ritual.

$80 $115 Sacred Garden Ritual 50 Min

Apricot oil, floral extracts and creamy milk create an aromatic body potion that soothes the spirit and eases the mind. A warm cocoon envelops the body, nourishes the skin and induces total relxation. Finish with a light body polish and refreshing floral spray. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sacred Garden Ritual" for details.

$80 $115 Sea Essence Duet 50 Min

Enjoy the dual benefits of a creamy exfoliation and relaxing massage. Aromatic seawater and essential oils from pine and lavender combine to nourish and soothe the skin. A self-heating mud is applied to the back of the soles of the feet, releasing tension and comforting muscles.

$125 $165 Sea Foam Thermal Wrap 80 Min

Rich, bubbling, self-heating sea mud penetrates the skin to ease muscle tension and detoxify the body. You are then drenched in a nourishing anti-aging body cream that remineralizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling new. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sea Foam Thermal Wrap" for details.

$120 $160 Sea Tonic Escape 80 Min

A body treatment that will make your skin look and feel younger. Your body is first drenched with an active concentrate that delivers anti-aging ingredients deep into your skin. You are then submerged into a jetted therapeutic sea tonic, inducing relxation and firming the skin. This treatment finishes with a rich, antiaging cream applied from head to toe.

Posts: 249 | From: Sunland, CA, U.S.A. | Registered: 06-12-02

Princess Di

Cool Cruiser

posted 04-24-04 07:47 PM

MASSAGE, Lotus Spa, Caribbean Princess

PORT SEA

DAY DAY

$80 $100 AromaVedic | 50 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

$115 $145 AromaVedic | 80 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

$80 $110 Deep Tissue | 50 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

$115 $145 Deep Tissue | 80 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

$40 $55 Massage | 25 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

$70 $85 Massage | 50 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

$80 $115 Muscle Thermal Repair 50 Min

Lotus Men: Perfect for muscle stiffness or injury. A warm marine mud is applied to the injured muscle group, stimulating reflex points throughout the body, and bringing relief and healing to the affected area. A relaxing fitness massage completes the repair work.

$35 $65 Reflexology | 25 Min

A form of "pressure treatment" focusing on certain reflex points, located in the feet, that correlate to specific organs and integral body systems. Benefits include relaxation, enhanced circulation and inner balance

80 $110 Steaming Stones | 50 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

$115 $145 Steaming Stones | 80 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

$45 $65 Swedish | 25 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

$75 $100 Swedish | 50 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

$110 $135 Swedish | 80 Min

$80 $110 Thermal Fitness | 50 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

$115 $145 Thermal Fitness | 80 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

Posts: 249 | From: Sunland, CA, U.S.A. | Registered: 06-12-02

Princess Di

Cool Cruiser

posted 04-24-04 08:01 PM

LOTUS SPA - Facials

Sea Port

Day Day

$95 $120 AromaVedic Therapy | 50 Min

This ayurvedic-inspired treatment to the face and decollete celebrates the exquisite powers of aromatherapy. Aromatic floral water, Vitam C, grapefruit, lavender and lemon are just a few of nature's gifts adding nourishment and clarity to your skin.

$70 $90 AromaVedic Back Cleanse | 50 Min

Healing flower extracts. Deep-penetrating fruit acids. This ayurvedic-inspired cleansing facial for the back incoporates a blend of double exfoliation techniques and Eastern massage, while the natural elements cleanse, hydrate and soothe the back.

$120 $160 Cool Marine Facial & Massage 80 Min

Lotus Men: Begin with a relaxing neck and back massage, followed by a warm marine mud compress that melts away tension along the spinal column. Nutrient-rich marine extracts, specifically designed to meet man's needs, offer deep pore cleansing while fighting the effects of free radicals.

$45 $65 Fresh Perspective Eye Treatmen 25 Min

Lotus Men: Fight against aging with this targeted face and eye treatment that can be added to any Lotus Spa service. This procedure eliminates signs of fatigue, congestion, puffiness and dark circles. Results are seen immediately.

$160 $200 Lotus Lift Signature Treatment 80 Min

A sophisticated facial treatment from the Vie Collection AGE Concept line created by Phytomer. Begin this anti-aging treatment with our Micro-D exfoliating massage that improves hydration an dreduces fine lines and wrinkles. Finish with a warm thermal lifting mask that seals in moisture, completing the age-reversing process.

$80 $105 Facial | 50 Min

Lotus Youth: Learn the importance of proper skincare in this informative facial treatment. Your Lotus Professional will teach you how to be proactive in preventing blemishes, fighting the effects of free radicals and protecting the skin from the sun's harmful rays.

$120 $160 Marine Masquerade Moisturizing 80 Min

First, a warm compress of bubbling sea mud is applied to the upper back back to ease tension, followed by a light exfoliation and deep cleansing. Next, our therapists customize a therapeutic facial mask to fit your needs. A relaxing massage to the face, decollete, scalp and hands completes the experience.

$120 $160 Marine Masquerade Sensitive 80 Min

First, a warm compress of bubbling sea mud is applied to the upper back back to ease tension, followed by a light exfoliation and deep cleansing. Next, our therapists customize a therapeutic facial mask to fit your needs. A relaxing massage to the face, decollete, scalp and hands completes the experience.

$120 $160

Marine Masquerade Reactive-Calming | 80 Min

$120 $160

Marine Masquerade Anti-Aging | 80 Min

$80 $105 Seaside Solution | 50 Min

Your Lotus Spa professional will conduct a skin analysis and customize a treatment that targets your skin's specific needs. A blend of deep-cleansing marine nutrients is massaged into the skin, leaving the face and decollete toned and revitalized.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cruise News Daily:

Lotus Spa is the umbrella name Princess uses on all ships. Steiner operates them all except the ones on Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess; those are being operated by Princess. Part of the Princess difference will be no sales pitch, just an opportunity to buy, take it or leave it, much like you have an opportunity to buy a drink if you are sitting in one of the bars onboard.

If you've been a regular at the spas on the other ships, I think you are going to notice quite a few differences in the Princess operation.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info everybody. It all makes sense now. ;-)

I think I would look forward to the "no sales pitch" change more than anything!

MTS

Archived