Thankyou to passengers of the Dream

I have just come back from a week on the Dream with my 80 year old mum, who is not very mobile. I have been absolutely overwhelmed by all the help and thoughtfulness by fellow passengers during this last week on the Dream. A big thank you to everyone.

Just to give a few examples the gentleman who walked slowly with us to keep an eye out for us on the Exploring Barcelona trip; the passengers who helped us off and on coaches, and especially the Noddy train in Pisa, where a lady actually lifted mum down as she struggled to find her footing as she got off,; the many people who took the time to chat to both of us; people who got out of a lift to let us in as mum had a walker; people who helped when I was coming down with mum to get a tender, one gentleman came up to take a bag off me so I could help mum down. There were so many acts of kindness, I wish I could thank everyone personally. YOU All MADE THIS A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY FOR BOTH OF US. THANKYOU.

Sweby

I have just come back from a week on the Dream with my 80 year old mum, who is not very mobile. I have been absolutely overwhelmed by all the help and thoughtfulness by fellow passengers during this last week on the Dream. A big thank you to everyone.

Just to give a few examples the gentleman who walked slowly with us to keep an eye out for us on the Exploring Barcelona trip; the passengers who helped us off and on coaches, and especially the Noddy train in Pisa, where a lady actually lifted mum down as she struggled to find her footing as she got off,; the many people who took the time to chat to both of us; people who got out of a lift to let us in as mum had a walker; people who helped when I was coming down with mum to get a tender, one gentleman came up to take a bag off me so I could help mum down. There were so many acts of kindness, I wish I could thank everyone personally. YOU All MADE THIS A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY FOR BOTH OF US. THANKYOU.

Sweby

Such small acts of kindness all add up to a wonderful holiday.

Sweby

A lovely post, but I am not really that surprised.

We have been with a few cruise lines but we have always found the Thomson staff and the vast majority of their passengers to be the best.

Really happy that your mum and you had such a lovely time.

Mike

this is so nice to hear.... and it is so true (especially on thomsons ships) everyone soon becomes part of the community/cruising family

its the smaller ships, the happy crew and the mix of people from all walks of life, all age groups and from all over the uk (and beyond) that make for the fantastic village family like atmosphere that you will always find on any thomsons ship (this is why 3 generations of our family love thomsons)

thanks for posting sweby and so pleased you all had a great time:cool:

Edited by geomagot

This sounds lovely & I agree with everything everyone says about the Thomson Crew & Passengers. I will also add that we have sailed with Fred Olsen 4 times now & I cannot fault the way they also look after their passengers and again how lovely the majority of the other passengers are - just saying in case anyone in a similar situation to you with an 'older' relative wanted to sail ex-UK rather than a fly-cruise.