Looking to reduce the cost of a Disney cruise???

ajoneen

There aren't many ways to reduce the cost of a Disney cruise but here is one:

Disney has a Disney Vacation Account (DVA) program where you can save for your Disney vacation. You add funds with a credit, debt or Disney GC. There are a few hurdle but if you meet the requirements all is golden.

There is a promotion going now that gives you back $20 for every $1000 you spend for a qualified Disney vacation (cruise included!)(reward max $500). It comes to you in the form of Disney GC and again hurdles to jump but hey its $$$! Here's the kicker- your account MUST be active 120 days before you spend any funds in it. Then 4-6 weeks to receive the reward GC's.

Target- Buy Disney GC's at Target with the Red card for a 5% discount you further reduce your cost because you can deposit those Gc's into the DVA.

Unfortunately having just found out about this Im ruled out (this time) because my final payment is due before my account would be active for the 120 days. But had I been aware I would have got the max of $500!!

Well its too late for me to use this information but I hope it will help others.

Just search Disney Vacation Account

obtain a chase Disney credit card. put all reoccurring expenses (ie cable etc) on the card. adds up quickly. transfer points to a rewards card and it feel like an instant discount. another trick is to buy target gift cards throughout the year with their red card. it saves you 5% plus 50 dollars at a time lessens the burden of paying for the cruise all at once.

I have been doing the Chase credit card thing and I have been buying my Disney gift cards from Target for 5% off. Now on to setting up a Disney Vacation account. All great suggestions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk