San Diego Hotel between Zoo and Sea World

flagger

This is not cruise related, but I was looking for recommendations for hotel recommendations for a hotel near either the Zoo/Wild Kingdom or Sea World. We are headed there the first week of November so I am hoping to find someone in the know of the area. We are driving from PHX so will have our own car.

We are doing four parks in four days so driving up the coast for Disney on the weekend.

I lived in SD for years (1984 to 1996) and thought that I'd help you out with this one.

Since you have a car, I'd probably not stay downtown as there will be a hefty parking fee; having said that, there are many wonderful hotels downtown and lots to do at night if that is your interest.

The probable best choice and economical to boot is to stay in Mission Valley where the are literally hundreds of hotels with good access to highways and to the Zoo and Sea World. I have stayed at the Doubletree at the Hazard Center, the Marriott Mssion Valley and the Sheraton Mission Valley. These are excellent hotels and shoudl meet most of your needs. There are less expensive hotels along this strip in Mission Valley depending on how much you are willing to spend on your hotel. Priceline can get you very good prices in the hotels in Mission Valley depending on the time of year and whether it is a weekday or weekend night.

We ended up finding a Comfort Inn with Breakfast Buffet on Hotel Circle with Free parking. We only sleep in the room so big and fancy is not that important on land vacations. It was $80 mid-week and is close enough.

We decided to do the Wild Animal Park in Escondido on the second day and then it is up to Disney for the remainder of the weekend. Thanks for your input.

Archived