Montego Bay bus

lbow2006

I've read on at least one or two threads that you can take a bus from the Montego Bay port for $14 round trip to Doctor's Cave Beach (and Hip Strip, not sure what this is?). I was just wondering is this bus easy to find at the port? We'll have our two year old with us and my husband is paranoid about being anywhere "sketchy" with him. :o

Also is Doctor's Cave Beach our best bet with a two year old? We're open to other suggestions. :)

Edited by lbow2006

Thank you that is helpful! :)

What was helpful? Was the post deleted?

I'm looking at possible excursions for our group and Dr.'s Cave Beach is one thing I was looking at. So suggestions and information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Kathy

We were at Mo Bay last week and I don't recall seeing any busses zipping by the port where we docked. The pier in Mo Bay is not in the best area and off the main road. Trip Advisor has some information on bus service in Mo Bay and it seems that routes are limited to three and you might end up waiting a long time for a crowded bus. At $14, I think you can book a shared tour in the port for only $25pp. That may be a better option.

I did a google search and found some old reviews about how to get to Doctors Cave Beach. It seems that there may be some shuttles in the pier that will do the same thing. Perhaps more than a taxi or the bus, but you won't have to walk outside the cruise terminal, something I would suggest doing in Mo Bay.

Edited by dioxide45

We were at Mo Bay last week and I don't recall seeing any busses zipping by the port where we docked. The pier in Mo Bay is not in the best area and off the main road. Trip Advisor has some information on bus service in Mo Bay and it seems that routes are limited to three and you might end up waiting a long time for a crowded bus. At $14, I think you can book a shared tour in the port for only $25pp. That may be a better option.

I did a google search and found some old reviews about how to get to Doctors Cave Beach. It seems that there may be some shuttles in the pier that will do the same thing. Perhaps more than a taxi or the bus, but you won't have to walk outside the cruise terminal, something I would suggest doing in Mo Bay.

Thank you I appreciate the help! That's a bummer about the bus, but I'd prefer to not walk outside the cruise terminal without my son if it's really that bad. If it were just my husband and I it would be a different story. I will just have to see what's available within the cruise port when we arrive then. Hopefully one of the shuttles will be going there. Thank you!

What was helpful? Was the post deleted?

I'm looking at possible excursions for our group and Dr.'s Cave Beach is one thing I was looking at. So suggestions and information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Kathy

I actually accidentally posted that reply to my Montego Bay thread when it was meant for my thread on Grand Cayman. I had both open at the same time and didn't realize. Oops! :o