Booked on Freedom, Hearing negative things about day activities

cruzelover55

Have always enjoyed watching the Hairy Chest contest and other silly but entertaining things on Magic and Conquest by the pool in the daytime. From posts I have read, they don't seem to have those type of activities on the Freedom. Claims are being made that hardly anything starts till after 3PM.:( Hope that is wrong info. Can someone let me know? Thanks!:confused:

Sometimes the views are people who aren't registered, cool your heels I'll give you an answer.

I was on the Freedom in February 2015.

I am sure not much has changed, there were plenty of things to do all day. Hairy chest contest, mixology, all that. No worries, it's there!

Noe, if you are accustomed to the shorter cruises (4 & 5 day), there is a different atmosphere for sure. 7 days tend to be more relaxed, laid back and all the same activities as a 4 or 5 day stretched over 7 days. So it is different. It is all in what you make it!

I have only done one 7 day, others can correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be what everyone has told me. And from my little bit if experience, that's what I found to be true.

Thanks to all for answering. I have only been on 7 day cruises, and it is relaxing to me to sit by the pool, read, drink, and watch entertainment. I viewed a FunTimes for the Freedom that someone posted that was complaining about it and could not see the things I mentioned. Though, I must admit, type was small and hard to read. Actually, sleeping till 3PM would be okay too. But, that would never happen as my husband would make sure I never got to sleep that late. We always enjoy every cruise we have gone on and this will be no different. I just like to look and plan ahead.

It depends how easily entertained you are I guess. Personally I think the freedom is fine but Jen is not personally my favorite CD. We had her on triumph and thought the same thing a few years back. We like to spend mornings just relaxing and sitting outside and don't really need something to do (we like the idea of not having ANYTHING to do :))

:confused:Seriously? 58 people viewed this and not one could answer this ? Also, I don't care for tea but always liked the teatime or whatever it is called, as good desserts. Is that available? Anyone?:)

My guess is 58 people had better things to do than answer stupid questions.

At least a few took the time to try.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've been on the Freedom three times this year. I was very disappointed in the INSIDE activities (or LACK of) during the day. Not much trivia, games, name that tune, etc. I don't follow the Lido activities so I can't help you there.

The tea, which I love, had very limited offerings. It was not the best.

Jen is no longer the CD. Malcolm was there a couple of months ago. I think I liked Jen better...

:confused:Seriously? 58 people viewed this and not one could answer this ? Also, I don't care for tea but always liked the teatime or whatever it is called, as good desserts. Is that available? Anyone?:)

We were on the Nov 2 5 day. There was the afternoon tea. We did not go but it was on the schedule. We never wanted for anything to do, weather was very good so we did far more outside than inside during the day.

Not sure where the lack of activities claim comes from (different people value different activities so this may be one of those subjective things). The crew on the freedom was not dogging it and we thought Malcom was a good CD. Seems like a genuinely nice guy who enjoys what he does and was without doubt the most personable, approach, available CD I've experienced. Yes he could layoff the woo-hoo but again some people got into that.

Most underated/underplayed thing on the boat was the magician Suresh, they gave him about 20 minutes on the last sea day for a street magic show in the internation lounge but he works the dining rooms at dinner. Don't let him pass up your table.

It depends how easily entertained you are I guess. Personally I think the freedom is fine but Jen is not personally my favorite CD. We had her on triumph and thought the same thing a few years back. We like to spend mornings just relaxing and sitting outside and don't really need something to do (we like the idea of not having ANYTHING to do :))

Jen Baxter isn't the CD for the Freedom anymore.

Malcolm Burns is the current CD and Jason Apps (Jase) will take over on 11/21 and be the CD until early January.

As for morning/early afternoon activities I can't comment too much only because I've only been on a 5-day cruise and will be taking my first 7-day on the Freedom in a few weeks. When I looked at the Fun Times though, it seemed there was some Trivia and Lido deck stuff going on along with the seminars that usually happen and of course, Tea Time.

We normally just take the 'slower' time to relax, read a good book or photograph the ship.

I'll have to study on this cruise due to cruising the week before finals, so I'll at least be busy with that...I'm kind of hoping there will be enough down-time on sea days so I won't put off studying, heheh...

Perfect way to study though- a view of the ocean and a DOTD in my hand :p

Edited by HollandAvery

:o I wish I had thought a little harder before I started this thread. Sorry I was impatient for a reply. I should know better than most that people read these that are not registered. I have stalked this site for years and got so many good tips and learned how to get obc's that I would not have known about otherwise. I actually had $900. obc on my 2012 cruise. We only cruise every other year and I book ES about 11 months ahead so am booked for 09/16.

I finally registered here 2013 but have only started posting this month. I always seemed to find that someone else had already said what I would have answered but this month I saw a few things I could help with as some people were asking questions about Galveston and since that is where I live I shared some info I thought might help.

Thanks to those that have assured me about my concerns. I, also, just want to relax. Just sitting on my balcony reading a book is a thrill for me as I don't get to read as much as I'd like to at home. Feel guilty when I have other things I should be doing. No guilt or worries on a cruise!;)

To Skylock: that assured me that people had better things to do than answer stupid questions. I have always heard that there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.:rolleyes: And you obviously did not have any thing better to do since you posted to my post:D

:o I wish I had thought a little harder before I started this thread. Sorry I was impatient for a reply. I should know better than most that people read these that are not registered. I have stalked this site for years and got so many good tips and learned how to get obc's that I would not have known about otherwise. I actually had $900. obc on my 2012 cruise. We only cruise every other year and I book ES about 11 months ahead so am booked for 09/16.

I finally registered here 2013 but have only started posting this month. I always seemed to find that someone else had already said what I would have answered but this month I saw a few things I could help with as some people were asking questions about Galveston and since that is where I live I shared some info I thought might help.

Thanks to those that have assured me about my concerns. I, also, just want to relax. Just sitting on my balcony reading a book is a thrill for me as I don't get to read as much as I'd like to at home. Feel guilty when I have other things I should be doing. No guilt or worries on a cruise!;)

To Skylock: that assured me that people had better things to do than answer stupid questions. I have always heard that there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.:rolleyes: And you obviously did not have any thing better to do since you posted to my post:D

Sun deck and sky deck - better chairs and even some cabana like seating plus two hot tubs at the very forward part of the ship that have clear sight lines out front. Did not make it up there until latter in the week but if we go again will definitely spend more down time up there.