just returned from the southern caribbean off the AOS

jeff25

Leavingverysoon; I luv your humor. I'm gonna try one of those lemonades ;)

Couple of questions;

You said your cell phone worked in SJ - was it nextel or something else?

Did you go down day prior & if so, where did you stay?

I have Sprint with a roaming plan. Some areas where roaming, some not. I THINK that SJ wasn't roaming but could be wrong. St Thomas wasn't either if I recall correctly. Had a client phone call a few days old to return which is the only reason why I used it.

We did not stay an extra day on either side of the trip. Flew right in, went to the ship, had fun, got off (and waited in line for a long time for customs, etc - moooo!) then got on a bus out to the airport and back on a plane 2-3 hours later.

Leavingverysoon; I luv your humor. I'm gonna try one of those lemonades ;)

Couple of questions;

You said your cell phone worked in SJ - was it nextel or something else?

Did you go down day prior & if so, where did you stay?

I have Sprint with a roaming plan. Some areas where roaming, some not. I THINK that SJ wasn't roaming but could be wrong. St Thomas wasn't either if I recall correctly. Had a client phone call a few days old to return which is the only reason why I used it.

We did not stay an extra day on either side of the trip. Flew right in, went to the ship, had fun, got off (and waited in line for a long time for customs, etc - moooo!) then got on a bus out to the airport and back on a plane 2-3 hours later.

Here is what the Conceirge had to say.

I look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Adventure of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is XXXXXXXXX I will be your Concierge. As the Concierge, I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have. As a Concierge Club guest you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Adventure of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Club Lounge.

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am until 10:00 am.

· A complimentary bar setup and hors d’oeuvres served in the lounge from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm every day, beginning on Monday ( Please note that hors d'oeuvres and drinks are for consumption in the lounge only ).

· Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant . As some of the reservations fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to make reservations as soon as possible by dialing the restaurant directly. However, if you are already aware of when you would like to dine, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure a reservation for you. For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menu.

· Assistance with Explorations! Bookings. As some tours fill quickly, on the first day it is advisable to book tours directly through the RCTV menu on your Suite television.

· Appointments for Salon or Spa treatments. As some treatments fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to book these as soon as possible by contacting the Spa directly. However, if you are already aware of a particular treatment you would like on a particular day, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure a reservation for you. For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menus of services offered by the Spa.

· Tickets for our “Cool Art, Hot Ice” Show ( for guests in Concierge Suite only ).

Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Grand Suite and above and will be accessible twenty-four hours a day. We regret that visitors in the lounge are not permitted. Due to the adult-orientated atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm every evening, only guests 18 years and above are permitted at this time. During all other times, we request that an adult accompany children under the age of 18. We respectfully request that guests use proper footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to meeting you and hope you have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Here is what the Conceirge had to say.

I look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Adventure of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is XXXXXXXXX I will be your Concierge. As the Concierge, I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have. As a Concierge Club guest you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Adventure of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Club Lounge.

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am until 10:00 am.

· A complimentary bar setup and hors d’oeuvres served in the lounge from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm every day, beginning on Monday ( Please note that hors d'oeuvres and drinks are for consumption in the lounge only ).

· Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant . As some of the reservations fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to make reservations as soon as possible by dialing the restaurant directly. However, if you are already aware of when you would like to dine, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure a reservation for you. For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menu.

· Assistance with Explorations! Bookings. As some tours fill quickly, on the first day it is advisable to book tours directly through the RCTV menu on your Suite television.

· Appointments for Salon or Spa treatments. As some treatments fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to book these as soon as possible by contacting the Spa directly. However, if you are already aware of a particular treatment you would like on a particular day, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure a reservation for you. For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menus of services offered by the Spa.

· Tickets for our “Cool Art, Hot Ice” Show ( for guests in Concierge Suite only ).

Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Grand Suite and above and will be accessible twenty-four hours a day. We regret that visitors in the lounge are not permitted. Due to the adult-orientated atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm every evening, only guests 18 years and above are permitted at this time. During all other times, we request that an adult accompany children under the age of 18. We respectfully request that guests use proper footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to meeting you and hope you have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Sincerely,

"Tickets for our “Cool Art, Hot Ice” Show ( for guests in Concierge Suite only )."

If you went to this show, how was it? So we know when to book at Portofinos, do you know what day(s) and time(s) show time is?

Goalie, we were on the 9/25 sailing. Ice show was on Tuesday at 7:15 and 9:15 pm and Thursday at 7:30 and 10:30 pm. I would highly recommend it... while the skating might not be the very best in the world, we were all impressed with the skaters' abilities on a small rink in a moving ship!

Archived