Handicapped Accessibility on the Veendam

rmmm

We are interested in cruising on the Veendam February 18th. I was just browsing on the HAL website and I noticed that "C" category cabins are listed with a handicapped symbol. Does this mean that this is the only category of cabin that is accessible for handicapped (using a wheelchair) passengers? We stayed in a "C" category room on the Maasdam before my mother started using a wheelchair and was curious about what makes that category handicapped accessible. I didn't notice anything adaptive about the cabin. Thanks.

Rose

Have your TA bppk you specifically in a handicapped cabin if you have someone in a wheelchair. The cabins are a little larger and you can get it around where you cnnot in a regular cabin.

In the Verandah suites there is no tub. There is just a large shower and it works real well.

Ruth has a mobility problem also.

If any specific questions email us...

Jim & Ruth

Rose - there are lots of handicapped cabins in various categories. You were probably just looking at the cabins on Lower Prom, where C category cabins are located.

Check out each deck on HAL's web site for the Veendam and you will see them marked with the wheelchair symbol.

Just looking at Verandah deck B200 &B202 have the symbol, then Lower Prom - C390 & C389 (these cabins look quite large), Main Deck, H500, 501 & 502 (wouldn't want these are they are right at the bow of the ship and it could be rough up there), A deck - H704, 706, 709, 711 - again at the bow of the ship, but next to the Infirmary.! Then there's FF 829 & 831 at the stern.

Looking at all these cabins, I think the ones on LP, C390 & C389 are the best.

Archived