Renaissance - Seattle

shellseeker

We were just there about 10 days ago. The pool on the top floor is a must see and you have great views of downtown from up there too. Make sure to take advantage of the morning coffee delivery. The hotel will give you the info and you call and book the time. The next morning your coffee and paper will be waiting outside your door. They do not knock, but simply leave the tray for you.

We used the Greyline shuttle from SEA TAC to the hotel. It will drop you right at the door. I have the info on this service if you want it. The shuttle runs every half hour and is much more affordable than a cab, especially if you book the shuttle for round trip.

If you want a fun place to eat the night you are in Seattle we really enjoyed the Rock Bottom Brew Pub. It is a short stroll from the hotel and has a nice casual atmosphere. We had pints of their beer with appetizers and then split a salad. It was a fun and relaxing way to spend the evening.

We walked (with 2 50 pound rolling bags each) from the Renaissance to Bell St pier the day of our cruise. It was mostly downhill and we really enjoyed the scenery. However I would say to attempt this only if you are already avid walkers or hikers. It is a little over a mile but the views and weather were glorious.

Have fun and feel free to email me if you have any other questions. My email is listed in my profile under hobbies. :)

Thanks Dosi - you really put my mind at ease. We got a really good price ($75.00/night) thru Priceline but I was concerned because most posters stayed at the Westin, Edgewater, Red Lion, etc.

The Rock Bottom Brew Pub sounds great too! Please if you don't mind, I'd really appreciate the info on Greyline Shuttle. I looked for your e-mail in your profile but I guess I was missing something as I couldn't find it.

Again - thanks for all you help!

LuAnn

Thanks Dosi - you really put my mind at ease. We got a really good price ($75.00/night) thru Priceline but I was concerned because most posters stayed at the Westin, Edgewater, Red Lion, etc.

The Rock Bottom Brew Pub sounds great too! Please if you don't mind, I'd really appreciate the info on Greyline Shuttle. I looked for your e-mail in your profile but I guess I was missing something as I couldn't find it.

Again - thanks for all you help!

LuAnn

My email is listed under biography...say it outloud and you will know how to type it.

The Grayline shuttle info is at http://www.graylineseattle.com. Because cab fare is so high from the airport to downtown I think this is the best way to go. The bus runs every half hour from the airport terminal and there are a number of stops at various downtown hotels. The bus is clean and the driver seemed very capable. It is $17 roundtrip per person so for two the total is $34. On our last trip we paid more than $34 one way for a cab so it is much more economical.

The Rock Bottom is just down Fifth a few blocks from the Ren. Also for breakfast we went to the Olympic Hotel. It used to be a Four Seasons property and is now a Fairmont Hotel. Very historic and very elegant. Although I rarely want to pony up the big bucks to stay at the five star hotels I love having breakfast at them. You get to check out the building, are treated like royalty and although the breakfasts are typically a little pricey the experience is sooooo much fun you don't care. Also with all the money you save using Priceline you can afford to treat yourself to a special start to your day. Feel free to email me if you have more questions. I have a couple pics of the room and pool I can send you if you want a preview. :)

My email is listed under biography...say it outloud and you will know how to type it.

The Grayline shuttle info is at http://www.graylineseattle.com. Because cab fare is so high from the airport to downtown I think this is the best way to go. The bus runs every half hour from the airport terminal and there are a number of stops at various downtown hotels. The bus is clean and the driver seemed very capable. It is $17 roundtrip per person so for two the total is $34. On our last trip we paid more than $34 one way for a cab so it is much more economical.

The Rock Bottom is just down Fifth a few blocks from the Ren. Also for breakfast we went to the Olympic Hotel. It used to be a Four Seasons property and is now a Fairmont Hotel. Very historic and very elegant. Although I rarely want to pony up the big bucks to stay at the five star hotels I love having breakfast at them. You get to check out the building, are treated like royalty and although the breakfasts are typically a little pricey the experience is sooooo much fun you don't care. Also with all the money you save using Priceline you can afford to treat yourself to a special start to your day. Feel free to email me if you have more questions. I have a couple pics of the room and pool I can send you if you want a preview. :)

shellseeker

I would like to suggest if you will be dining in Seattle to try some of the seafood restuarants. There are many in the downtown area, check the citysearch website and then click Seattle. Some of the ones that I have tried and enjoyed are

Elliott's - on the waterfront

Anthony's - on the waterfront

Etta's - Pike Place Market (northend)

Palasades - North of the city in Magnolia (taxi ride) nice but pricey

Cutters - Pike Place Market (northend)

Other favorite that have a variety are The Cheesecake Factory.

Hope this gives you some other ideas.

Enjoy your stay in Seattle.

Archived