Food at Grand Lucayan or Port Lucayan

angeluv

Random question:

we are going to be in freeport on Dec 7th as part of our Carnival Sensation cruise. We(husband and i) are traveling with our 2 year old and my two senior parents. So we figured taking a taxi and buying a day pass to Grand Lucayan would be the best thing to do.

What are the food options there? are there restaurants in the resort we can purchase food at and is it expensive?

I read there is a marketplace across the street that also sells food? any details on that?

Thanks!

the last time we were there me and my bf ordered from their patio restaurant near one of the pools. We were told if you are not a guest you must pay with a credit card before we even ordered. The prices were quiet high we actually have our receipt from the stay lol just cause we though it was the most expensive small burger we ever paid for. Think Wendy's 99cent burger with a bag of .33cent Doritos and no drink those were extra lol for 13something I think it was (don't have the receipt with me) and we added a three dollar tip on top of that. We were told there was other restaurants on property but we didn't venture to find them. and I know for it being a resort location the price really was fair just I am sure if we both had ordered instead of just splitting the meal it would have added up specially for a family.

Next time we go I plan on going across the street or just putting snacks in our backpack to have while on the beach.

Edited by Rainbowfalls